5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most engaging UK business people I know
I first came across Ian Brodie a few years ago when I was referred to one of his blog posts from a popular business forum that I was part of. After reading his site for an hour or so, I realised that he really did 'know his onions' and I immediately subscribed to hear more information from him...via email (so yes, it does work!)

I am a marketing professional...
Published 9 months ago by Matt Davies

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and Very Basic Content
Published 1 month ago by Foxy Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most engaging UK business people I know, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Email Persuasion: Captivate and Engage Your Audience, Build Authority and Generate More Sales With Email Marketing (Paperback)

I am a marketing professional myself and I run a small digital agency based on the South Coast of England. Over the last 2.5 years Ian has sent me all sorts of emails relating to different marketing ideas and strategies. I've enjoyed reading them and watching the videos that he produces on a regular basis. I like to listen to other marketers in the industry as I feel it is extremely important to keep up-to-date with new ideas, but also to get positive reinforcement for your own.

Ian's book about Email Marketing was something that immediately captured my attention as it's a method I used myself when I first started out in business, to try to generate new business. The one thing he does differently and goes into great detail to emphasise is that this is something you should grow and nurture over time. I very much enjoyed reading about his methods for measuring the effectiveness of Email Marketing campaigns in Chapter 9, which actually taught me a few things that I could do differently and save myself time. Anything that can save me time and make my life (and my client's lives!) easier, is something that I'm very keen to learn.

This book is an excellent tool to add to your marketing efforts, whether you're an existing marketer or whether you're a small business owner who is looking at how you can use the power of Email Marketing to help your business to grow. I feel that Ian caters for both parties with his book, never feeling condescending, always keeping a great sense of humour and just the right level of professionalism. I've found the book to be very motivating and it has certainly pushed me into revising the way I use Email Marketing currently.

I was lucky enough to speak to Ian on the phone last week, regarding a query I had about re-branding what I do personally next year. He was polite, attentive yet very humbling to talk with and it felt like he genuinely cared about helping me. Reading his book this week gave me the exact same feeling. I highly recommend the book to anyone who needs a helping hand or a new idea for their marketing arsenal. I hope that you will enjoy the same feeling that I had and that it will drive you forward and help you to grow your own business.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book - This Stuff Works..., 17 Nov 2013
I was lucky enough to find Ian's website and blog a few months back, and have been working with him since July/August 2013. After a very short time of applying the techniques in the book I had my best ever revenue month. I mean best EVER - since being self employed and previous being in employment. If you fully embrace the concept of giving "value in advance" as Ian advocates, his ideas and strategies will work for you. Most people in a solo or small business loathe the sales and marketing side of the business, but Ian has a way of making this aspect enjoyable and the results (for me) speak for themselves. I also highly recommend Ian's Momentum Club, where you will find lots of webinar and video content, together with lots of other useful resources.

I don't write many reviews on Amazon or elsewhere, but Ian is one of those people that you will feel fortunate to have discovered. His ideas and input have transformed my business. I'd also like to thank Ian for putting up with my many emails to him!

4.0 out of 5 stars workbook, 5 April 2014
Liked the simplicity and easy way of explaining what could be complex items sometimes.
Recommend to other consultants and entrepreneurs as a way to start in email marketing.
Could also be used as a reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and engaging, 31 Mar 2014
I bought this book a week ago and read it the same day. It is FAB. Quite often, stuff like this is kind of ...empty. Not so this book, it really does explain the 'how to' when it comes to email marketing, broken down into the relevant steps so that it's straightforward to implement.
So straightforward that a week on, we are well on the way to introducing an entirely new marketing strategy into our business, from a standpoint of not having a clue where to start.
Would not hesitate to recommend this book to anyone in business!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great Resource, 21 Feb 2014
As a Hypnotherapist struggling with marketing to a diverse prospect/client base I was not sure that email marketing was for me. But as an avid reader of Ian's emails, I couldn't resist buying the book. And what a great decision that was.

It led me through the fundamentals of profiling, making me 'think' about who my most important prospects are and this book is great for marketing in general. I particularly liked the sections on segmentation and sequencing and the checklist at the end.

If that isn't enough, access to the special web site and extra resources is a fantastic bonus.
I'm already refocusing my marketing strategy thanks to Ian and this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A sensible guide to email marketing, 17 Dec 2013
What makes this book stand out for me it that (unlike so many management books) it is written in a very clear lucid style, yet treats you as an intelligent, experienced business person. There a no magic bullets, just lots and lots of good, practical advice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes a real difference when a book is written by someone who has actually "done" what they are telling you to do!, 12 Dec 2013
I come across a lot of books that tell you the theory and the "you shoulds" of marketing and business development but what Ian does here is guide you through the whole process from a standing start to create and implement super email campaigns to win clients. I found the book easy to digest and although I would have liked more diagrams (I am a marketing person) it was fine and a fairly quick read. I'd advise you to read it with a notepad and really learn from Ian's advice, some great "lightbulb moment" tips in here. I'd recommend the book to a beginner or to someone who does email marketing but isn't getting the results they would like.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and Very Basic Content, 5 July 2014
Having read all the great reviews on this product I was really looking forward to getting stuck in. Things have moved on in this area of marketing very fast - so unless you have been living in deep space for the last 5 years and just returned to earth you will find nothing in this book that the most basic internet search won't reveal. I bought this book as I was looking for actual examples of successful text that works when emailing clients. Unfortunately this book is poorly laid out, incredibly boring and oscillates between theory and other experts theories and then has the cheek to outline the up-sell to the authors online course and other people who I assume are affiliates.

For me, this book delivered absolutely no value and was a complete disappointment. If you are totally ignorant about email marketing it will give you a few ideas but none of which are worth the price of the book that you can't get for free from the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much a masterpiece, 18 Jun 2014
Before I bought this book, I didn't think I'd ever be able to do email marketing. Two chapters into the book, I am fully confident about developing a successful campaign. One of the best books I've read in terms of ...everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it and you won't regret it!, 4 Jun 2014
Buy this book you won't regret it.I highly recommend it .Compelling and seductive content,I am thinking to buy more books from this author