5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, poignant, heartwarming..., 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Septic Circle (Kindle Edition)
... those are just 3 of the words to describe this debut novel.

Anyone with a passing interest in the paranormal should have a read, and anyone who has experienced the world of the psychic circle will likely enjoy it.

Definitely worth a read if you have a sense of humour. And if you don't have one? Read it anyway, you might suddenly come across that missing sense you've been pining for!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Septic Circle (Kindle Edition)
I was lucky enough to read a preview version of this book shortly before it was available for release, and it's hands down the funniest novel I've had my hands on since I was first given The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy 12 years ago. It's absolutely hilarious from start to finish, and I found myself almost going sleepless one night just to get to the end, because it's so engrossing. Barely a page goes by when you've not laughed twice, but it also knows exactly when to be poignant and when to keep the reader thinking. It's an amazing debut novel, and one that should be read by everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars A hilarious and witty read, 24 Feb 2014
Miss L. Hanks (Cheltenham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Septic Circle (Kindle Edition)
I received this book via Firstreads (Goodreads) in exchange for an honest review and I certainly wasn't disappointed...

Firstly, I must state that this book had a lot of different parts that attributed to the overall concept and storyline - the combination of which could have ended in disaster (or should that be in ectoplasm?!) but actually resulted in a hilarious tale of friendship, betrayal and psychic hijinks. I snickered my way through the journey of each character, learning to love their quirks and accept their awkwardness.

It was a lovely book in the respect of the physical journey each character took and what they achieved in the end, but I also felt that, in a way, it personified some of the issues with today's society. Each character, to some extent, had a flaw, but they developed and I grew to appreciate them.

The comical aspect of the book was exceptional. As well as the irony, sarcasm and general trickery. Very entertaining and unusual! A definite recommendation to all! I may have only just stopped smirking at the sheer genius of some of the lines from this book!

Also, I could really do with a Freddy in my life. I need a personal cleaner that I can pay in fine china and soap magazines. :)

*I must also state that when I refer to "each character", I am clearly excluding Fenwick! :

5.0 out of 5 stars A tremendous read., 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Septic Circle (Paperback)
The Septic Circle is such a great book. At first the format seemed a little odd as it's a story being told by five people using diary extracts but the characters are all so well-defined that before long you don't even need to see the sub-headings telling you who is writing. The strong cast of characters and the relentless peppering of jokes gives the book the same feel as a really good UK sitcom and never stops entertaining.

Seriously decent stuff. Five stars for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, fun story and interesting format., 31 Jan 2014
Steven Marsh - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Septic Circle (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. Like one of the other reviewers I wasn't sure about the 5 diaries format at first but I soon got into the flow of it and got to the point where I could even recognise the characters just from their own individual writing styles. The story is fun and packed full of little jokes and references, and I loved how the author got each diary to come together to fill in all the details of any particular event in the story and giving the book that just one more entry vibe to it.

I can't recommend this book enough and I'm really hope there is another installment so I can catch up with the guys again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Septic Circle (Paperback)
A quirky well written story, with characters you'll love to hate. Unusually crafted as a collection of diary entries, providing intriguing insights into each character's point of view.

ARRAY(0xaed8fb28)

The Septic Circle
The Septic Circle by Lorna Reid (Paperback - 27 Dec 2013)
8.99