4.0 out of 5 stars The answer!
Published 3 months ago by dancing queen

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't be buying the other books by this author.
Published 8 months ago by S. Wills

4.0 out of 5 stars The answer!, 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Keto Living Cookbook 2: Lose Weight with 101 Yummy & Low Carb Ketogenic Savory and Sweet Snacks (Paperback)
Along with the books 1 and 2 these books have turned my life around. There is a recipe for any occasion. I have lost 1 stone in 4 weeks (yes, I know, a lot of that will be water weight). I have two meals a day and just do not feel hungry. I am a seasoned dieter who has struggled with my weight all my life. I am certain these books will provide a lifelong answer. Thank you Ella coleman. For back ground on ketogenic diet and more ketogenic recipes I also recommend the low carb high fat book by Laura and Veronica Childs - there are recipes for bread and wraps porridge in that. 4 stars as no photos of dishes. Book 3 has lovely colour photos

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Tool!, 27 Feb. 2014
This is a must have for any serious keto-er! Great work by the author. Keep calm and keto on. !

5.0 out of 5 stars A good easy to follow read, 2 Mar. 2014
Lots of simple yet afa fine recipes with lots of variety(something difficult on keto diets).

Would recommend as a concise recipe book

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 28 Feb. 2014
If you are doing keto or just trying to cut back on the carbs this book has all the recipes (for snacks, sweet and savory) needed to keep you motivated. Excellent work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't be buying the other books by this author., 30 July 2014
Disappointing little book, no index though a good list of contents, unfortunately not in alphabetical order. Recipes a combination of "cup" measurements and "ounces" within the same recipe; one or the other would be more sensible. The pages are all decorated with flouncy flowers behind the words, not necessary & I found it irritating, plus the font size is very small sometimes difficult to see whether 1/2, 3/4 of a teaspoon etc.

The carrot loaf recipe was satisfactory, though I made muffins and they turned out quite nice. Ginger Bites a disaster. I followed the recipe to the letter, it said two egg whites to bring the mix together, I had to add the two yolks, plus an additional whole egg & almost quarter pint of water to bring the mix together. The resulting ginger bites were inedible & tasteless, even the dogs weren't impressed. I wonder if the recipe ingredients are in error? Such a terrible waste of ingredients.

Xanthan gum used in some recipes, this is used in manufacturing to thicken low fat yogurts & mayo, I believe it is a "by product" of bacteria, in other words "bacteria poo" I would never use the stuff.

Sorry to be a miserable gripe, just so disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Will have to put recipe onto diet website to calculate this which is a waste of my time, 21 Nov. 2014
How can you write a recipe book for a ketogenic diet and not include the number of portions per recipe? Lovely recipes but I can't work out what 1 portion is. Will have to put recipe onto diet website to calculate this which is a waste of my time.