5.0 out of 5 stars Life-Changing Book! Religion is exclusive whilst God is inclusive!!, 31 Jan 2014
This is by far one of my favourite books I've had the pleasure of reading. If you truly "let go" and allow Joshua's words to reach your heart you will never be same. Joshua teaches that it is better to ask the questions that false religion has made you too afraid to ask instead of pretending you know all the answers.

It's refreshing to see a Christian author not try and make you swallow their ideas and understanding of doctrine but instead encourage the reader to go away, study, and find their own answers trusting the leading of the Holy Spirit.

If you have a hard time believing God loves you and is for you it's imperative for you to read this book. Everything will change! Let this book reveal what your heart deep down already knows to be true, that all are children of God and all are equally loved by the Father!

Joshua has had a massive impact on my life and I'm so thankful for his ministry and this book. From being knee deep in religion I discovered Josh on YouTube. To begin with I struggled to listen to some of his videos. This wasn't because I didn't agree (deep down I believed it) but I didn't want to believe it because it would rock what religion had always told me was truth.

I encourage you to step out and let go of religion and allow this book to transform your thinking! It truly has the ability to change your forever for the better!

5.0 out of 5 stars A vital read for those trapped in organised religion and screaming deep down for freedom!, 6 Mar 2014
This is a profoundly real and honest book that will at times be a difficult read for people who have been raised in organised religious structures, but if one is willing and able to allow themselves to consider the challenges Josh makes to those inherent beliefs, they may well find some of the freedom they have been looking for.

My husband and I have been on the journey of what we recognise as a 'spiritual renovation' for several years now and it felt as though many of our personal conversations together had been overheard by Josh, as he talks about the same things we have wrestled with. He understands the guilt that is present even at the very prospect of re - thinking beliefs and theologies that one has accepted for (in our case over 40) many years and is able to pre-empt the inevitable responses to this fact. Josh is not provocative for provocative's sake. He shares his personal experience of wrestling with the issues at heart and gently encourages the reader to use reason with these long held beliefs and question them, which, in itself is a huge mind shift for these readers.

We have been on our journey now for some time, so much if what Josh says is reassuring confirmation for us and others who have been thinking this way for some time, however for those just embarking on this courageous trip, I imagine they may initially experience great difficulty with some of the concepts and may be helped and prepared for Josh's book by reading other material first, such as his suggested 'why I don't go to church anymore', 'The misunderstood God' 'He loves me' 'Love wins' , 'Pagan Christianity' just I name a few books that have helped us along our way. Thank you to Josh for daring to make yourself vulnerable to the inevitable criticism and backlash of those still entrenched in the 'grid' that is organised, structured 'religion' in it's most judgemental form and for reaching out in love and grace, to help them find freedom, recognising that you too (and I include us in this) were in the same bondage and frustration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 4 Mar 2014
I can honestly say that this was the best read for a long time. It challenges so many beliefs and ideas that have shaped my walk with Christ over the years and has restricted my perception of God's love. This book makes you think and opens the gate to set you free from the bondage of inherited Christianity. Easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and encouraging!, 20 Feb 2014
I absolutely loved this authentic and honest book. It is inspirational and freedom-infusing. I was challenged by Joshua's openness and inspired by his empathetic, truth-seeking and understanding heart. I loved the chapter on 'church' and authentic relationships in particular. I think that this book can bring healing to many hearts - especially hearts that have been bruised by legalism and that have searched for deep and meaningful relationships within the institutional church, yet not found the grace they craved (as has been my own journey). There's really no mistaking true love and Joshua unfolds that love of Jesus - the pure love, without any prejudices or limitations - so beautifully. As you read you will find dreams awakening in your heart, as you discover God in all of your natural interests and desires, infusing all of your natural interests with His love and acceptance. :D the good news is well, good without any bad news! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars An honest and vulnerable writing..., 3 Feb 2014
Meemo (London, England) - See all my reviews
A book that appears to be birthed straight from the heart, which is what makes it so relatable. It's easy to read although provoking, but not at all in a conceited way. Joshua puts into words what so many of us would want to articulate, but dare not!

5.0 out of 5 stars An important, easy read, 7 Mar 2014
This is an important book for our time in that it raises a number of key questions that are being asked by Christians around the world. These are questions that challenge us to examine just how good God is and whether we are engaging in a religion based on fear rather than one based on love.
Joshua does not seek to impose a particular perspective but in sharing his life experiences through multinational ministry, he gives the reader room to consider the options and explore further themselves.
The book does not sow things up into a neat little belief package that you can tuck in your back pocket, it exposes the threads that are loosely holding pieces that don't match the main character, Jesus.
Joshua's open, honest, gentle and down to earth style makes it an easy read and well worth adding to your book list.

5.0 out of 5 stars First book I've ever read which explains God’s Perfect Love that cast out every fear, 21 Feb 2014
Please read this book if you want to know God’s Prefect Love for you. First book that I ever read and I felt like I should read it in one go. It’s such an interesting book to read. Loved it and I was so blessed by reading it. My understanding about God's unconditional love has elevated to a another level. Thanks........

5.0 out of 5 stars The beauty of questioning..., 20 Feb 2014
I can not recommend this book more highly. For anyone serious about their journey in life and/or christianity. This book brings some of the deepest questions we can ask of faith and presents them in a very heartfelt and honest way. Never inaccessible considering the subject matter, never dogmatic but conversational and always very real in the context of our lives. It is no stretch to say this book should be in the hands of every church going believer or those who have left the church for other plains. Joshua has a heart that is steeped in a genuine love of humanity, mirroring a love of unity and a deep emotional honesty that is truly the center of us all. I was moved on more than one occasion reading, but personally the chapter on Interfaith had me in tears, as I became aware of my own prejudice's and fears concerning this subject. To this I am indebted to Joshua. My world has been enlarged and deepened by every page and so without any reserve I say to you who find themselves considering purchasing this book today. Do not hesitate. You will in no way be disappointed in what you find. Life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great honest book, 20 Jun 2014
I enjoyed this book very much being a " Christian" for more then ten years feeling guilty for not attending Church or reading my bible this book has set me free I've discovered the God I know today I've known my whole life even before I became a "" Christian "".

So You Thought You Knew: Letting Go of Religion
So You Thought You Knew: Letting Go of Religion by Joshua Tongol (Paperback - 11 Feb 2014)