5.0 out of 5 stars Change your game....forever
I stumbled across the existence of this book via a recent Forum thread, and immediately realised I had to get it.

Published 9 months ago by DanB55

2.0 out of 5 stars No substance
First of all, I'm not sure I believe some of the reviews on here given that the author is well known for creating false accounts on poker forums like 2+2 to spam his work.

Published 9 months ago by Bazzy Wazzy

4.0 out of 5 stars Still digging my teeth into this, 7 April 2014
Mr. Colin Mcelhatton (Malta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Be a Poker Player: The Philosophy of Poker (Paperback)
It's a valid book for any aspiring poker player. The author posits that the book will work best with readers who are a least proficient players, who know they positional play, pot odds, and ev. However I think that anyone with a modicum of interest in poker will find this a very insightful read, definitely worth your time. My only reserve is the quality of the paper on which the book is written. The soft cover copy I bought tends to warp with minimal manipulation, considering that this is a book you will be getting back to, I figured that the publishers could have sought better materials.

2.0 out of 5 stars No substance, 15 Jan 2014

Haseeb is clearly a really talented writer, of that there is no doubt. But a lot of this is really surface level stuff, things that sound insightful but are quite ambiguous. A lot of the more valuable psych information does seem to be pretty much taken straight from Jared Tendler's Mental Game of Poker (Which he does give a citation for in fairness, and also Tommy Angelo).

It is enjoyable to read, but not very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Change your game....forever, 14 Jan 2014

Remembering the glory days of Fulltilt poker, I watched or rather attempted to watch Haseeb play HU. This didn't work out because he sat table after table of HU players only for all of them to sit out instantly. I thought then, wow this guy must be good!

Anyway jump forward a few years and I've now gotten the chance to explore I think, one the greatest poker minds to have arisen from the 'poker boom'.

As was previously stated this is NOT a strategy book relating to hands and how to play them. Rather it's a strategy book on how to approach the poker life, and how we mentally view the 'game' of poker. In fact there are a number of teachings which are not necessarily poker specific, but if considered and applied, are aimed at improving your everyday quality of life.

A lot of people who play poker be it online or live, are it seems searching in their studies for that 'Eureka' moment. Well Haseebs book was mine. I will never view poker in the sameway as I did before.

Sure a lot of people will raise the point that there have been some misjudgments in his past, but to not buy this book because of those, would be committing your own misjudgment against yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars very insightful, 2 Jan 2014
Very good read for anyone serious about their poker career. Be clear that this is not a theory book, and does not contain any tips or tricks that are going to instantly change your game.

Instead it teaches you the right mindset. And improves the way you think about poker if you take the time to apply it.

When you consider that 4 years ago Haseeb was a player who could have got away with putting a book on the market for $300+, as several players of a similar calibre did; it is an absolute steal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 30 Dec 2013
If you play poker you must buy this book. I've paid orders of magnitude more for books/vids of less quality. Haseeb has made mistakes but obviously has a razor sharp poker mind and by offering this book so cheaply hes certainly giving back to the poker community imo.

5.0 out of 5 stars How can it NOT be 5 stars?, 26 Dec 2013
I have not even read this, but as a Poker player wanting to improve, how can a strategy guide from DOGISHEAD....NOT be an investment? Simple. It can't. Even if it was $50 it would still be a CHEAP investment into one of the greatest poker minds.

How to Be a Poker Player: The Philosophy of Poker
How to Be a Poker Player: The Philosophy of Poker by Haseeb Qureshi (Paperback - 18 Dec 2013)