Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 February 2015
This is the first non-Love in Bloom book of Melissa Foster's that I have read and although I was slightly dubious, as I normally read romantic fiction, this book drew me in straight away. Junie has a handsome husband, Brian, and a beautiful daughter, Sarah, plus she is part owner of a bakery. But her life starts to fall apart...when her father passes away after a heart attack she goes back home to help her Mother, but she then starts to get flashbacks of when she was a young child and her best friend Ellen went missing. Also, her daughter regresses and becomes virtually mute and that causes a rift between her and Brian. He is also continuously working very late as he is an up and coming lawyer, but Junie feels like her marriage is falling apart and she wonders whether he is having an affair. As she has more and more flashbacks she is determined to find out exactly what happened to her best friend. Melissa has written some great characters and the mystery has you guessing and wondering about Junie's father, her husband Brian (who is Ellen's brother) and Brian's father. Will she eventually find out the truth, and will Sarah speak again...You need to read the book to find out - a great mix of mystery, intrigue and family ties. The next non-Love in Bloom book that I am about to read is Have no Shame.
on 11 December 2013
Well there was no question as to whether I would read this stunning novel. First, it is from Melissa Foster, and second, the storyline intrigued me. I mean, Junie seemingly has a life any woman would want. A home, child, husband and a long dreamt of business. As with any story, something always happen and takes a turn for the worst. Junie's daughter has developed a strange withdrawn behavior that will test Junie and her marriage. A trip back home to help Junie's mother after her father passes leads her down the path of memories that she must visit to overcome the troubles of the present. These memories of the dissapearance of a friend when Junie was just a young girl will bring out truths that have been kept from her. Truths even from those close to her.

Melissa Foster has once again enveloped me in a mysterious and exciting world she has created. I would have to compare her writing to an Angler Fisherman... She whips that bait out there, you bite, and she reels you in! You don't even know your hooked til you are completly in her hands!
on 29 November 2013
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Well wow! I had to take a quick second to think hard about whether to request an arc for 'Where Petals Fall' as I have a lot of other books to read and review, mostly in the romance genre, but I knew after reading (and loving) Melissa Foster's 'Snow Sisters' Trilogy that I just had to read this one too.

I'm one of those readers who generally needs to have romance in a book for me to really connect to the characters, but there is something about Melissa Foster's fantastic writing style in which she can move between genres so flawlessly, that gave this book a story that thrilled, scared and excited me all at once. The reason I am writing this review later than I originally planned is that the storyline was so intense and so cleverly created that weeks after reading it I have had the story rolling around in my head and making my heart beat fast again as I remember the suspense in the final chapters.

Melissa Foster always creates such wonderfully three dimensional characters with who it is easy to relate to. I absolutely adored Junie's character, and really felt for her in her darkest moments. I grieved for the loss of her blissful marriage, and I too felt worried for her child Sarah when we discover that she has regressed back into a younger mindframe, and I got the niggle in the back of my mind that told me this was important for the mystery storyline. The psychological undertones of the book were written perfectly, and I like how rather than information dumping all of the psychological information on the reader, it was given in a reader-friendly and more relatable way to all readers.

I really admired how well Melissa Foster executed the mystery/thriller/suspense storyline. It was a real rollercoaster and I loved every second of it. When I was 60% completed, I put my Kindle down when I noticed it was 1AM, but within half an hour I had the light back on and I read until the last page. I just had to know what happened to the characters, and to see the truth revealed. I won't give any description for that part of the story as I want everyone to have the same amazing reading experience as I had.

Another part of the story I loved was seeing how Junie and her husband clashed over their opinions on how to help their daughter. I liked to see the more protective mothering side of Junie which remained strong even as her relationship with her husband began to fall apart. In many books, I feel the mother-daughter and father-daughter relationships can often be ignored slightly in order to give more focus to romance, but I loved how Melissa Foster showed us a realistic and sometimes almost painful reality to family life. I think I began to understand the phrase 'Nothing is as strong as a Mother's Love' when I read this book. Even though I kept my fingers crossed that Junie could have her loving marriage back, I loved that the main focus was Junie's relationship with Sarah.

I loved this book so much. The strength of emotion with which Melissa Foster writes makes her one of my favourite authors, and that she can have me invested in so many elements of different genres in one story is impressive. I recommend this book to anyone who loves heartfelt and mysterious stories, and I believe Jodi Picoult fans would love this!

5 Stars!
on 25 March 2014
How does Melissa Foster do it? Because she is such a brilliant Author that's why..!!
How can you go from creating the Love in Bloom series which in its self is amazing and can't wait for the latest Remington instalment to doing something so different as Where Petals Fall, I was totally blown away by the journey of Junie, Brian and Sarah, I couldn't get over the shear imagination and attention to detail that Melissa Foster portrays with this story and you could not fault a thing, it is an absolute must read..!!
If like me you love Melissa fosters books then please read Come Back to Me..!!
on 25 October 2015
This book has so many twists and turns it is also so emotionally I cried the whole time I read this book another really good book from Melissa foster so different to her sister in love, the Remington and the bradens.
on 27 November 2014
I really enjoyed this book, a very good story line.
on 6 December 2015