Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 April 2014
When I started reading this series, I was not overly excited by the characters. The first book was okay for me, but I stuck with it and based on the reviews on Amazon, I bought the second book. I really loved that one so I carried on with the series.

This third one was just okay for me. I enjoyed learning more about Josh's character, but I found the female characters in the books are starting to all sound the same. When Riley was introduced in the second book, I thought her character would be interesting - gutsy, strong and outrageous. She always had something funny to say and was cracking jokes with Jade all the time and seemed very up beat and happy. Unfortunately in this book, she loses a lot of these traits and all the angst and internal agonising started to annoy me and I felt she was losing the parts of her character that made her so interesting in the second book. Don't get me wrong, she does overcome some of her insecurities and takes a stand for herself, but by then I felt a bit let down as I didn't see her in the same light as in the second book.

I am still going to carry on reading the series as I really want to find out more about the other brothers and am interested to see where the author takes us.
on 26 January 2014
Friendship on Fire revolves around the third of the Braden boys, Josh, who has made a name for himself in the fashion world as a top-class designer but after seeing his brothers Treat and Rex both fall in love he realises that the one thing that's missing in his life is his own perfect partner. We met both him and Riley at the end of Destined for Love and it was clear that there was a spark between them so when Josh offers Riley a job in Manhattan it's finally her chance to make a name for herself in the fashion industry but not everyone is pleased that she has been given this chance...

Once again Melissa Foster has written a story that draws you into the midst of the drama, I loved the build up of their relationship and the fact that they wanted to keep it a secret so that it didn't affect their working relationship. And I really felt for Josh when things were taking a turn for the worse as he was really conflicted between wanting to stand by the woman he loved, despite the evidence looking bad for her, and wanting to save his companies reputation.

Friendship on Fire had everything you could possibly want, love and romance, drama, rivalry, as well as plenty of steamy bedroom action.
on 23 February 2014
I just can't get enough of The Braden's. I am loving every single one of these books.

Josh is sweet and caring. He's a Braden so he's obviously drop dead gorgeous. At first he seems so different from his brothers. They have a lot of traits from their father and he has more traits from his mother. But the further a long the story you got the more you realised that actually he had a lot of traits from his father too and he wasn't so different from his brothers.

Riley is a passionate, clever girl. She is a very talented designer and she is very passionate about the work that she does. Like Jade and Rex, Riley has had a crush on Josh since they were kids and he on her. If it wasn't for the fued between the Johnson's and the Braden's, Riley being firmly in camp Jade, I think they might have been high-school sweethearts.

I really loved Josh and Treat's relationship. If you have read Lover's at Heart then you will know that Treat had many worries about the way he treated his family but you can see in this book that he did and does everything he can to be there for them. I love how protective they all are of each other and how they all rally around in times of need.

Claudia or Cruella as she's better known is one evil b**ch. God I hated her from the moment she was introduced into the story and I knew she was going to be trouble.

I loved the resolution to this book it made me so happy and I cannot wait to read Sea of Love.
on 24 January 2014
This is the third book in the `Braden' series and I thought I might be at a disadvantage, not having read the other two. However, it can be read as a standalone and Melissa Foster gives us glimpses into the lives of the other brothers, which now means I want to read the full set. This book forms part of a nine book series in which the author has created a family of heroes to swoon over and in this book, Josh Braden is no exception. Riley Banks has had a crush on Josh since high school and when she's invited to work for him in Manhatten, we see the world of a top designer through her eyes. Be warned, this book is steamy - there are some explicit sex scenes leaving nothing to the imagination. You will need to cool down afterwards!

I enjoyed the way the relationship between Josh and Riley develops. As you might expect there is always a barrier to love. In this book, Riley's mentor who is nicknamed Cruella, accuses her of stealing a design for a wedding dress. Whilst the plot may not be totally original- I seem to have read books in a similar vein before, the writing and the characters lift the book onto another level. The way that Riley struggles with city life at first after coming from the provinces is especially endearing and the reader wants nothing more than for her to be locked into Josh's strong arms for safekeeping. With Cruella determined to ruin Riley's chances though, you'll have to read the book yourself to see if love wins out.
on 14 January 2014
New York City can be a cut throat place to work as Riley Banks finds out! When she is asked by Josh Braden (who has made quite a name for himself in the designing industry) to leave her job at Macy's in Weston where she has lived and dreamed all her life of becoming a clothing designer and come work at his company in NYC of course she says yes. Did I forget to mention that Josh has been her crush for like forever?

From her first day on the job she encounters trouble with a capital T from a woman who is called by one and all, Cruella. And then of course there is that crush which it turns out was mutual all those years with Josh.

Getting these two together is a lesson in frustration for both of them-since what happens could possibly ruin both their careers which neither wants to give up!! YUP--another 5--and the ending, by the way had me laughing!!Friendship on Fire (Love in Bloom: The Bradens, Book 3) Contemporary Romance
on 5 January 2014
The fashion world is full of beauty and creative ideas. Sadly, it also can have some venomous and boisterous people. It is a rough and tough world to break into even with raw talent like Riley has when she starts working at Josh Braden's firm. Josh knows talent when he sees it and offered her this chance to make a name for herself in New York (a far cry from a small town in Colorado). Both Josh and Riley have feelings for each other buried in their past, but don't seem to know how to express these feelings at first. Needless to say, it was not long til sparks fly! Trying to keep their growing relationship on the quiet side is not easy to hide... searing signs are there for others to see. Soon a venomous co-worker sees the signs and proceeds to undermine, not only, this blossoming relationship, but Riley's career as well! Will jealousy and distrust bury the hot, genuine interconnection of Riley and Josh? Read Melissa Foster's Friendship On Fire to find out more!
on 6 May 2015
Wow I am loving this series - I am trying to pace myself as when I have read them all I know I about going to be disappointed. This is also a series that I highly recommend - start at book 1.

This book we meet the 3rd Braden boy Josh, who has made a name for himself in the fashion world as a top-class designer. Josh's brothers Treat and Rex have both fallen in love and he realises that this is the one thing that's missing in his life - a perfect partner. Riley (who we met in the last book)and you could tell their was some spark/connection between them so when Josh offers Riley a job in Manhattan it's finally her chance to make a name for herself in the fashion industry. But can she make their and have a relationship with Josh?
on 31 March 2016
Another great read from Melissa
Josh Braden is sexy, quiet, intelligent fashion designer and lives his life in the limelight and works to design the very best clothes so when Rex his brother asks him to look at Jade's friend Riley's portfolio he is amazed at how talented she is and also how beautiful he remembers her he has had a secret crush on her for years the way Riley has had on Josh.
When Josh offers Riley a job to work in New York for him she thrilled, she and Josh get together and love awakens within them though it has to be kept a secret.
When Riley starts her job as design assistant she has Claudia (Cruella) to show her the ropes things don't go as planned.
on 27 November 2013
I have read the entire series starting with the Snow series and now working through the Bradens. I have loved every book and read all 6 so far in less than 3 weeks, haven't been able to put them down! All the characters pull you in and because its a series, you learn little bits about previous storylines and also future stories as you go! Eagerly waiting the release of book 4 of the Bradens! December can't come quick enough!
on 1 May 2014
Josh and Riley's story, good read set mainly in the New York fashion industry with the Braden family home town, Weston being the other location setting. the reader knows everything will work out, Josh is a Braden after all with the family and moral values that have been instilled in them. The rest of the family pop up in this book and the ending sets the reader up nicely for the next of the sibling's story.