5.0 out of 5 stars Great book
Published 16 months ago by W. Vanderpuye

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Lots of errors, lots of information about treatments that I wasn't looking for. I'd rather have Aspergirls By Rudy Simone any day!
Published 12 months ago by Rattypip

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 Oct. 2013
W. Vanderpuye (uk) - See all my reviews
There are countless books and expert advice on children on the autistic spectrum but the resources concerning adults are quite limited. " I think I might be autistic" , on the other hand, takes us through Cynthia's journey living with un diagnosed Asperger's. it is both entertaining and informative, making use of lists and symptoms and practical advice. She also offers guidance on getting a diagnosis , offering all the possible pathways and options .

I would recommend this book to anyone who find it hard interacting, making and maintaining friends, has some difficulty understanding social cues and protocols and feel as though they've lived all their lives in a bubble... You just might discover something good but challenging about yourself as you delve into this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting & useful guide on Aspergers, 22 Nov. 2013
I have begun to suspect that I may have ASD traits, and I've recently been reading voraciously on the subject. Cynthia Kim's book is an easy, but in-depth read. It covers the basics of Aspergers traits and online aspie tests and also details her own personal journey, from self-diagnosis to a professional diagnosis. Although some of the information regarding obtaining a professional diagnosis is largely for an American audience, there is still a lot of useful information contained in the book. The book is also well-written.

I still feel like I am going mad wondering whether I am on the autistic spectrum or not, but this book really inspired me, and I have also now found my way to Cynthia's blog. Well-recommended for any adults who think they are on the autistic spectrum or anyone interested in the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise and extremely useful, an ideal first book to read on the subject, 21 Dec. 2013
This review is from: I Think I Might Be Autistic: A Guide to Autism Spectrum Disorder Diagnosis and Self-Discovery for Adults (Paperback)
If you're looking for a compact guide to the process of being assessed for an autistic spectrum condition in adulthood, or if you suspect that you might be on the spectrum but aren't yet sure what to do next, this is an excellent book to take you through the process of understanding and accepting your traits.

The second chapter's accessible re-writing of the formal diagnostic criteria into a clear and relatable list of easy to understand 'Do you?' questions is worth the price of the book on its own.

The chapters on self understanding, sense making narratives and coming to terms with the implications of having an undiagnosed autistic spectrum condition are equally valuable.

As a British reader, I found some of the section on formal diagnostic assessment a little too focused on the American system of private self-referral, which didn't fully reflect my own experiences of accessing adult assessment through the NHS (although did reflect my earlier private assessment for dyspraxia). Despite this, the description of how the process would feel and what I would need to prepare myself for before and afterwards was spot on.

This is a short (a little over 100 pages), well written and extremely useful read. An ideal first book to start with when considering self- or formal diagnosis, before moving on to more general autistic reference or self-help books. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 5 Feb. 2014
This is a great book giving you things to think about if you suspect that you may have an ASD and it guides you through the assessment process well thus giving you an idea of what to expect, It is however aimed at people who live in the USA rather than people who live elsewhere but, apart from that it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Helpful Book, 18 Oct. 2013
If the question has been raised in your mind as to whether or not you could be on the ASD spectrum then read this book. I suspect it would also be helpful to parents who are dealing with issues relating to ASD in their child/children and getting them diagnosed or who have had/just had their child/children diagnosed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great read!, 15 Dec. 2014
Highly reccomend reading this book not just to people who think they may be autistic, but to those who have a family or friend on the spectrum or that you think may be on the spectrum. The style of writing and the content is really great, easy to read, and no complex phrases that aren't explained etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars autism/aspergers, 12 April 2014
I think this book is very good for anyone wondering about themselves or a close person to them..... I took it to my assessment and recommended as a usefully item... cost, delivery etc was all very good

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Jan. 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars the practical details are of dubious use for anyone like me who doesn't live in the US, 21 Aug. 2014
Was expecting a more considered longer book. Also, the practical details are of dubious use for anyone like me who doesn't live in the US.

Otherwise quite good on trying to assess oneself/be assessed later in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars In a word..., 11 Nov. 2014