5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to read!!!
Published 9 months ago by KIMARA_YOKEMI

3.0 out of 5 stars not a gripping story
this book was readable more like a mills and boon it wouldn't have upset me to have been interrupted and took me quite a few nights to finish the book
Published 15 months ago by barbara clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to read!!!, 27 Aug. 2014
If your in to romance Novels and "fairy tale" like endings like me then this book Is perfect for you. Personally I enjoy reading books in which I can feel what the characters are going through and visualize everything from the characters actions to emotions and this book just does that. Every word I was reading was creating a mini film in my head of how the characters might have said their dialogues. I truly enjoyed reading this book and hope you do to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fell in Love with the Bradens (but not the cellphones), 21 Oct. 2013
clahain (Las Vegas, Nevada) - See all my reviews
Max Armstrong is probably my favorite character from Melissa Foster's LOVE IN BLOOM series of romance novels. She's a type-A organizing maniac whose frenetic self-sufficiency masks a true vulnerability. In LOVE AT HEART, Max comes face to face with her biggest nightmare--a man who makes her want to curl up in his arms and be taken care of.

Max met Treat Braden in SISTERS IN WHITE when she organized her boss' double wedding. Treat, a cousin to the other groom, owns the resort where the event took place. The instant attraction between Max and Treat short circuited due to a misunderstanding, and both of them have spent the past six months trying to forget the other. But Treat's family is from Colorado, not far from where Max lives and works, so the inevitable happens.

On one hand, I enjoyed the tension created as Max and Treat bounce between searching each other out and running away. Both characters have a rich back story, which makes their actions believable most of the time. The POV alternates between Treat and Max. Overall this works fine. Treat is a big (BIG) alpha-male. I love that Foster peels away layers of responsibility and grief suffocating him and gets to the human being inside. At times, though, he's gets a little too Mr. Sensitive. The words that come out of his mouth don't quite convince, rather it's the author speaking her vision of a sensitive man. Max, too, loses her edge at times, but then we learn about the truly horrific event underlying her fear and her over-the-top emotional swings snap right into place.

I did question the number of missed or ignored cell phone calls. I noticed this back in SISTERS IN BLOOM, and it irritated me then as well. It's not just the actual ignoring/missing of the calls. But all the agonizing (remember, we've got TWO points of view) over whether or not the calls should be/are being ignored or missed. Not that I would outlaw cellphones from romance novels. Near the end of the book, Max loses track of her cellphone and it creates an amazing amount of tension for the reader. Picture this: two in the morning and I'm sitting on the sofa yelling at my Kindle... "Where's her F----N phone!" The dogs start barking. It's bedlam. THAT is how an author makes use of modern technology!

Taken as a whole, LOVERS AT HEART is a great read. It's full of well-drawn characters, and Foster does an amazing job with the scenes at Cape Cod and the Braden ranch. I finished the book in love with the Braden brothers. There are five of them, by the way. Plus a sister. Each one is getting a book. That's going to make for plenty of late-night Kindle binges.

3.0 out of 5 stars not a gripping story, 28 Feb. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot Romance, 25 May 2015
Lovers at heart is #4 of the Love in Bloom series and #1 of the Bradens. These books all have links through cousins and marriages. With the clever use of large families there are plenty of storyline potentials. It's a hot romance style offering escapism to a place of hot rugged alpha men and women equally beautiful and in need of loving.

Treat Braden is 37 and a successful businessman who owns a string of resorts. Oldest son of Hal Braden, he feels the responsibility of looking out for his brothers and sister, but he's always felt the drive to prove himself as a success. When his mother died when he was just 11, Treat wanted to take on the care of his siblings and be a replacement for their mother.

The only person to knock his plans off track has been Max Armstrong. The minute he met her, his heart flip-flopped and he couldn't get her out of his head. When she went off with another man, his jealousy drove his actions, but he couldn't get her out of his head.

Treat returned home to the sanctuary of family and his father's ranch, the last person he expected to bump into again was Max and his heart did that flip-flop all over again. Max too was having trouble thinking clearly, Treat had a deep affect on her too. They are drawn together by lust, but both have plenty of issues to work through before they can let their defences down and fully trust in a future together.

If you like a quick read, hot romance with a HEA ending and plenty more characters to fill a series, then these books could be for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovers at heart, 5 Jan. 2014
Good story line enjoyable read I enjoyed the plot loved the character's looking forward to reading more of the bradens stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 22 Sept. 2014
I loved this book from start to finish. This is a great holiday read as you are so in grossed in the story the time just flies by (when sitting on the beach!). Treat and Max are just a great couple. The storyline is very good and you can picture yourself in the scenes. I am loving this series and can not wait to read the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars hot, steamy and romantic, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Lovers at Heart (Love in Bloom: The Bradens, Book One): Volume 4 (Paperback)
I felt really really sorry for Max. Her past had really messed her up and it is stopping her from being able to love again.

Treat had a tragic start in life. I could understand his loss, I lost mum around the same age. I didn't have his guilt but i could understand how he could have felt that way.

I thought Wellfleet sounded so pretty. A perfect little getaway tow. Treat's house sounded amazing.

I wasn't keen on Rex, but I loved the rest of Treat's brothers and Savannah.

I really loved this book and I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like what I like, 28 Dec. 2013
Really good holiday read and I enjoyed it, look forward to the others why so long between books paffffff! lol!

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 9 May 2015
So disjointed at the start, so boring as it developed. Neither Treat nor Max became characters you could get involved with or care about.
I hated the way he called her 'sweetness' as an endearment between lovers, yuck! Plus their revelations about their traumatic pasts were a bit unbelievable and very stilted. Not enjoyable at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Good book to read.

Lovers at Heart (Love in Bloom: The Bradens, Book One): Volume 4
Lovers at Heart (Love in Bloom: The Bradens, Book One): Volume 4 by Melissa Foster (Paperback - 23 Oct. 2013)