on 28 July 2014
What will happen now that Mr. Bennett has died? The story concentrates on Mary Bennet which is a good idea, but a lot of the plot is lifted from "Jane Eyre". Did she really think people would not notice? Zero points for originality! The Americanisms are also very irritating. There are now hundreds of Jane Austen spinoffs and sequels and I have not yet found any that are any good.
on 11 July 2014
This story concentrates mostly on Mary, the 'Plain Jane' poor- musician - boring - old - maid Bennett sister, and unfolds her life, making her a far more interesting, talented and gentle creature than she appeared to be in 'Pride and Prejudice', I have to say that some of the American expressions and spellings jarred a little, but this was an enjoyable read, well written and accepting that Jane Austen is an impossible act to follow, the author has done well in presenting a good cleverly thought out sequel.
on 21 January 2014
Just like the "The Darcys of Pemberley", I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I was sorry to finish it and wished there could have been another one but I suppose there is a limit to how far the story of the Bennett family can go.
on 23 May 2014
A good story completing the progress of the Bennet girls into marriage. As a novel of the Pride and Prejudice series, it would be better written in English, as Austen's novels, rather than American English. To read such as "she once again chose", "honor" and other Americanisms spoilt my enjoyment by bringing me out of the era of the novel into the present day, as I wanted to correct them. However, worth buying and it was written such that I fell for Mary quite early on in the novel! Furthermore, I shall continue to read Ms Winslow's future novels in this era.
on 7 July 2014
i found this book tied up all the endings to the jane austin noval,really enjoyed finding out more about Mary and kitty,very good read,
on 15 September 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed this sequel to Pride and Prejudice. It is 7 years later, and this is Mary's story (the plain sister). Mr Bennet has died - what will happen to Longbourne and the remaining family? Our favourite characters are all here, acting in character beautifully, and the same themes about the lack of freedom and opportunities for women, and about marriage and love. The author has captured Austen's style, nuances and misunderstandings perfectly. Loved it.
on 30 January 2014
i loved this book i read it in one sitting loved every word of it i defenetly would surgest it if u read the other book.
on 9 January 2014
A fab book I enjoyed it so much I had to finish it in Two days. Just as things should be ,
on 22 May 2014
I adored this book. Much easier to read then traditional Jane Austen and this author stayed true to the original characters. Nice twists and turns- not your average predictable love story.
I wanted to read it again the second I finished.
Will definitely be looking at other works by this author.
on 30 November 2014
I am amazed at how close the author gets to Jane's writing style - most of the time. However, the times when she does'nt quite make it are distracting. I did enjoy this book even though it turned into Jane Eyre halfway through. It is a good read and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys Jane Austen.