5.0 out of 5 stars A necessary read if you have read Proof of Heaven.
I read Proof of Heaven and initially was disturbed by Eban's experiences in the Earth world view. Then I read the rest of the account and was initially reassured. However I read quickly, with out much thought or analysis as I just wanted to find out 'what happened'.
Published 6 months ago by lesley

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong book
The book I wanted was Proof of Heaven by Dr. Eben Alexander. After a few pages of nonsense pseudo theology and " mental illuisionsism " I put this book in the bin where it belongs. I wish Amazon had a zero star rating......
Published 7 months ago by J. E. Isaacs

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong book, 2 Sep 2013
J. E. Isaacs (Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Proof of Heaven?: A Mental Illusionist Examines the Afterlife Experience of Eben Alexander M.D. from a Biblical Viewpoint (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Barking mad!, 27 Aug 2013
R. Millington (UK) - See all my reviews
Terrible critique of an excellent book from a writer with a made-up occupation and no qualifications to judge. It's only got one star because I can't give it none at all ... which is what it deserves.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong book, 8 Aug 2013
this book is called Proof of Heaven, most misleadingly, as it is a rant by Coleman Luck of the most evangelical nature and complete rubbish ( to me) and not what I ordered at all, which was the original book by a neuropsychiatrist. What on earth is a mental illusionist anyway?

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is an openly fraudulent rip-off of the REAL Proof of Heaven!!, 17 Oct 2013
If you searched for the book 'Proof of Heaven' then you are in the wrong place! The book you are actually looking for this one:

Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife

Unlike the author of the real Proof of Heaven, the guy who wrote the book on this page is not a neuroscientist and, in fact, has no formal qualifications I can see. The person who wrote this has deliberately and fraudulently emulated not only the cover of the real Proof of Heaven book, but also the title. This man has never studied the inner workings of the brain. He is not a scientist. He is not even a scholar. He is, in fact, an entertainer. He is a man who specialises in misdirecting tricks, and that is evident in the entire layout and presentation of this book. To reiterate:

Eben Alexander M.D., author of the REAL Proof of Heaven book, is a world renowned neuroscientist who was converted from materialist atheism by a very-near-death experience which he found could not be explained away by materialism. He goes into some depth explaining that before his experience he, and every other scientist he knew, simply dismissed near-death-experiences without actually doing any research.

Coleman Luck, on the other hand, is a hack novelist who outright states that his specialisation is manipulating people (he's a mentalist). His arguments are standard, wheedling, unresearched materialist fare of the exact sort you would expect. He is not here to argue the pros and cons of Eben's book, he is here to dismiss it. If you want to read a book that utterly annihilates this one, read Science Set Free: 10 Paths to New Discovery or the real Proof of Heaven. Keep well clear of Coleman Luck's openly fraudulent rip-off!

1.0 out of 5 stars Always keep your mind open, 30 Dec 2013
Mrs. P. Jacobs "Raven" (Orpington) - See all my reviews
Just because somebody has written a book to prove or disprove anything, do not take it to be true. It is easy for any one of us to be duped into anything so it is important to find your own path. As the saying goes "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" hence this book. Continue to learn and question the uniqueness of your being and the miracle of being alive and conscious at all. Read the book but consider it a tiny part of that journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars A necessary read if you have read Proof of Heaven., 22 Sep 2013
After finishing the book I decided to read it more objectively again which I did a few months later. This time I was disturbed enough to look for other opinions/reviews on it. This book by Coleman Luck actually discusses a lot of what made me so uneasy about Proof of Heaven and I think everyone should read this. It clarifies what the Bible says and also makes me very aware of how easily we can be mislead.

5.0 out of 5 stars making the crooked ways straight, 27 Dec 2013
C. Standing (United Kingdom. Oxford) - See all my reviews
I liked the way this book used the bible as a measuring stick. It truly showed up the 'lies' in Eben Alexander's book. What a pity that such a good man has been duped. How cruel.

I had read the book uncritically a few years ago and Coleman Luck has persuaded me that all this talk of heaven need not refer to the heaven of Jesus Christ.

It would be interesting if Coleman Luck did a comparative study on Return from Tomorrow, which IS a Christocentric account of return from the dead.

Thank you.