on 18 December 2012
This book is a must for anyone who is health conscious or anyone who has any ailments and wishes to gain health. The dedication to the author's brother in the front of the book is most moving and immediately brings you in close to the author's personal journey of discovery. The book is very easy to read, being written in bite sized chunks, so that you can open it almost anywhere, read a segment and learn something new. This would make a great gift for Christmas, birthdays or just to show you care! If you thought you knew a bit about nutrition, be prepared to think again. So much of what we have been taught is just wrong. This book will be an eye opener and something that you can refer to time and again. There are many references as well as pointers to other experienced people within the raw food movement, from whom you can continue to learn. An excellent book. I would recommend it to everyone!
on 5 February 2014
I purchased this as a Christmas present for my mum, as she had recently started looking into chaning her diet, however I started to read it and she hasn't seen it since.
This book contains phenomenal knowledge that everyone should know, with powerful statements and facts supported by scientific research.
It has managed to change me, from a meat eater who took the micky out of my vegetarian friends, into a raw vegan who only now looks at disgust at the food my friends with a 'normal' diet eat. The book has become my Bible.
This diet works!
My mum was anemic and prescribed iron tablets form the doctor (with no other option suggested) and told to take two tables a day, probably for the rest of her life. However she did not feel happy doing this and decided to look into adding more iron through her diet and stop taking the drugs. With a bit of research she was soon eating iron rich foods, and feeling much better. She had another blood test to see how she was going on this new diet and the results showed that her iron count was perfect!
It just goes to show how much our diet can effect us.
on 9 June 2015
My first job here is to applaud the author for his courage in speaking out against the big companies running the planet. If your reading this book chances are you already have a general idea of the corruption involved within the agriculture, pharmaceutical and governments and how it directly effects everyone on the planet.

The author is no doubt trying to awaken you with knowledge that will improve your life with information gathered from a wide array of sources. I do not disagree with some other reviews on the book about the cost of eating 100% organic. If like me you live in the UK were organic food is not as readily available, the costs are huge. I am trying to incorporate the authors advice into my diet and have already seen a huge dent in my finances, no arguing......it is expensive.

One big discrepancy I noticed between all these raw vegan guys is their views on algae. In this book Jesse sings the praises of Spirulina & Chloerlla and how it should be used as part of your raw vegan diet. Heres where the problem is......Jesse has alot of quotes from Dr Michael Greger from (NutritionFacts.org) .......if you go to that website and do a search for spirulina or chlorella, the results demonstrate how toxic these things are and Greger advises to never put the stuff in your mouth.

If your going to recommend health foods to people you better be damn sure it is not toxic or everything else you print is brought into question. This is my only problem with the book. Yes eating 100% organic is very expensive but that is not the authors fault......hes giving it to you straight.

I'd love a response from Jesse, but what are the chances?
on 28 September 2013
I had a voucher and searched for a great book in vege diets.
I was sold on the cure aspect and 5* reviews.
Forget almost anything and everything you learned in school about food, body science and disease prevention.
This is a book every human being in the world needs to read if they care about anyone or anything.
I bought 5 highlighters.
I marked Bad foods/medicines/diseases/supplements/institutions in red, explanation of bad things in pink, good foods/supplements in green, explanation of good things in yellow, and useful resources in orange.
on 16 January 2013
Being a new vegan I brought this excellent book. Lots of great information on going raw and why if you value your health you should follow a vegan diet. Brought one for my Vegan friend he loved it.
on 14 May 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in health, healing and truth..... This book is simply worth its weight in gold and will save many lives in the future. Thank you to Jesse for sharing this research and truth with the world.....
on 3 April 2014
When I became interested in raw food, then I wanted to read more about it, but as there are so many books about it, I found it hard to choose. Until I saw this book. I just knew that is the one!

Author explains why dairy, meat, eggs and fish are bad for you and how raw foods are healing. There are lots of reading recommendations and summaries of different studies. All very interesting.

As the author writes that we should get rid of all the toxic shampoos, deodorants and toothpastes, I started to look for more natural products. Now I have been using them for weeks and I have seen a big difference. Thank you Jesse!
on 13 July 2014
I bought this book when i started to look into lifestyle changes after becoming vegetarian and wanting to go vegan. Its full of fantastic research evidence and educational facts and allthough i have read it already i find myself often picking it up when wanting to know about nutritional deficiences and wanting to know more about vitamins and minerals in foods...its also great to pick up and skim read when someone plants a seed of how good their 'not so healthy' lifestyle is and how bad my vegan/veggie lifestyle is as i will eventually become ill with deficiences, if i question i open the book!!!!!.

It teaches a lot about GMO, soya industry and where veggies go wrong when trying to adopt a healthy lifestyle, it also teaches a lot on how to tailor your lifestyle currenty and how to get started as well as recommending movies other books and articles to read to further educate oneself. Ive recommended this book to a lot of people and it has also educated them on the food industry.
on 18 April 2013
Loved this book! The book is easy to read. I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to change the way they eat.
on 24 June 2013
Life changing, inspiring, and motivating! Everything you need to know about how to take back your health! I have experienced my own ill health and this book has been my saving grace. This book helps you empower yourself to eat the best of what nature provides. You won't be disappointed you will be astonished! Enjoy......you will love it! X