5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - Sorted me out anyway!
Published on 6 Sep 2000 by R. Phelps

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought on doctor's advice
Could have paid 12 over the medical practice desk for this !!! so very pleased to get it for a very good price, new and delivered promptly. All 'old' advice in line with 10 year old advice previously received from chiropractic practitioner but would be useful as first source of muscular/skeletal advice for neck problems.
Published 7 months ago by New Jam

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - Sorted me out anyway!, 6 Sep 2000
R. Phelps "RTP" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treat Your Own Neck (Paperback)
I use computers all day everyday, I have had problems with my shoulder (traps muscle) for a number of years and I have tried Osteopathy (which I rate VERY highly) and physio - but no joy with my problem. Some friends had bought Treat Your Own Back and said it was great, so I bought Treat Your Own Neck and 3 weeks later pain is almost non-existent, I've still got to sort out my posture though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yep, it works., 25 July 2006
Sydney (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treat Your Own Neck (Paperback)
I waited about three months before reviewing this book, because I wanted to give the excercises time to pass or fail. Result: clear pass.

From an old injury and long hours of computing and poor posture, I've spent YEARS enduring neck pain that went from chronic and bearable, to unpredicatable bouts of incapacitating. I've done the chirporactic thing on and off and the problem always recurred. I was ready to try pretty much anything when I ordered this book.

There's nothing instantaneous or mystical here, but three months later and there's a very clear reduction in the frequency and intensity of the chronic pain, and my neck hasn't 'gone out' in the whole time, despite things like 10-hour flights and 70-hour weeks.

The excercizes are logical, simple, and not time-consuming. You could probably get them all onto a couple of sheets of paper but you might as well just buy the book (I got the version with both the back and neck excercises, just in case...). Here's hoping another several months of this kind of progress and I need never deal with this 'pain in the neck' again!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a relief!, 8 May 2005
This review is from: Treat Your Own Neck (Paperback)
I've worked at a desk most of my career and have suffered with an intermittent pain in my shoulder blade for the last two years. I bought this book on a recommendation from my GP and four weeks later I am almost pain free and I now know that I can control it. The book makes perfect sense and the exercises take only a couple of minutes a day. Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Just wish I'd read it sooner., 17 Jan 2008
Helen Bennett "helen7741" (Lancaster, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treat Your Own Neck (Paperback)
I hurt my neck two and a half years ago and it got a bit better over time, but didn't heal. A friend recommended this book and I bought it but didn't read it until this Christmas, preferring to put up with the pain, headaches, nausea etc. Then over Christmas I finally read it and started doing the exercises, as the pain and headaches were getting worse. AS SOON AS I did the first exercises things started to feel better, and over the next few days, as I kept them up, I've gained more mobility in my head and neck and the pain has almost totally gone. I feel like a new woman!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Neck Book, 5 Mar 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Treat Your Own Neck (Paperback)
I have used the neck excercises in this book and I must say they have had a great positive long term effect on my neck. The exercises take minutes each day. I was recommended this book by a physio 2 years ago and have not had to see another physio since. Also, you can read the whole thing in about 1 hour so you really can not go wrong with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Treat Your Own Neck (Paperback)
I have had neck problems for some time and visited an excellent physiotherapist who provided me with a copy of this book. I was sceptical but having read it, I found it was an essential companion to a good physio - hence I have purchased my own copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 17 May 2009
This review is from: Treat Your Own Neck (Paperback)
Had been suffering with a bad neck for a few weeks and my doctor recommended this book .Following the exercises really helped and my neck pain has now gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Me too :-), 12 Feb 2007
This review is from: Treat Your Own Neck (Paperback)
I agree with all the other reviews.

I am now retired and worked at a desk all my life, bad posture not enough exercise. Spent a fortune at the Chiropractor, where I would endure the pain [of the treatment] and get relief for a few weeks - than back to the excrutiating neck pain.

Eventually went to a Sports Physiotherapist who was slightly to the right of Attila the Hun - "you have bad posture - SIT UP STRAIGHT" normal greeting. Anyway, she lent me this book.

Bad move. The exercises worked, I bought my own copy and never went back to her! [She's a lovely lady, really - as she sorted me out.

If you have neck pain. Get the book. Do the exercises how and when instructed; [sometimes every two hours] and the pain will go, well mine did :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is worth it's weight in gold., 30 Dec 2009
J. HARRISON (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treat Your Own Neck (Paperback)
As I bought this book purely based on its reviews I thought it only fair I leave one of my own.

I have been suffering with re-occurring neck pain for over ten years (in my mid-thirties now). Every month or so I would inadvertently pull/strain the same (levator scapulae) muscle at the right hand side of the base of my neck. This would leave me out of action for several days while it healed. I also regularly suffered from tight neck muscles for example after using a laptop.

While physiotherapists and chiropractors alleviated the pain there were seemingly unable to get to the underlying cause and prevent it from happening again.

After having just suffered another bout I was looking for something that might help when I stumbled across this book. After spending an hour or so reading it I started the exercises - every two hours as prescribed.

The result was nothing short of amazing. Within one day the acute pain had all but subsided and I have had no re-occurrences since. It looks like all my trouble was caused by bad posture - unconsciously protruding my head forward, for example while working at my desk. The exercises in the book appear to have quickly counteracted the effects of this while at the same time helping me to adopt a better posture in the long term.

I now religiously do three of the exercises three times daily - a total of less than ten minutes a day - and this stops my muscles going tight or straining.

I wish I had found this book years ago and highly recommend it to anyone who suffers with neck pain or stiffness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff, 21 Mar 2011
I read the reviews of this book and thought "how can it be this good"? But it is! Surprisingly there are not a lot of exercises in the book, and much of the first 2 thirds is information on the neck and spine, how posture causes pain, and so on. I had read much of this info before, and am very familiar with it anyway as a massage therapist, so was initially disappointed. But where this book stands out is in the knowledge which is then applied but the author. The exercises he gives are so good that they started to relieve my symptoms within a day. And these are symptoms I've had for years, and seen Osteopaths and Chiropractors etc. many, many times. I always believe in taking care of your self as the best and most effective long term treatment for any condition, and part of my treatment plan with clients is to recommend stretches and exercise for them so that they can maintain progress and keep themselves fit and mobile. And that is where this book fills in so many missing bits in my experience. So I will be using it and the exercises to not only improve my own posture and tension, but to pass on that experience to my clients. Great book, use it and you won't be disappointed : )

Treat Your Own Neck
Treat Your Own Neck by Robin McKenzie (Paperback - 10 Jan 2011)
3.83