5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite m/m stories ever
I found this utterly captivating. It's not an easy read as there are dark themes but it's beautifully written and compelling.

Published 24 months ago by Flipper

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated
First off, I didn't realise this book was an "MM" novel. In fact I didn't even know what an MM novel was before this (Male/Male romances).

Neither did I realise the sausage action would be so graphic

Really not my cuppa but my own fault for not reading some of the reviews first. I persisted in reading nonetheless...

I feel the story...
Published 2 months ago by That Fella

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite m/m stories ever, 3 Feb. 2013

The fictional world is wonderfully crafted by the author and very believable. The plot twists and turns with action, adventure and political intrigue and is rich with detail. But the real strength of the story is with the two main characters - two powerful men thrown together by circumstance - and the difficult and complex relationship that develops between them.

This book will leave you hungry for more, but luckily book 2 of the trilogy is already out. I've read both and am now waiting impatiently for book three *taps fingers*

5.0 out of 5 stars Long over-due review..., 25 Jun. 2013
I've been meaning to leave a review on this book for ages!

Firstly I'll mention I nearly read this all in one day. I haven't done that for a LONG time. Everything from the characters to the settings to the plot twists have been finely tuned. My fave being the characters. This isn't just some smutty novel about two guys getting it on in the shadows of a palace.
The thing that I particularly enjoyed about the two male leads was that the author did not succumb to any whiny "yaoi"stereotypes. Nothing wrong with this but after a while, shy, introvert subs letting large, brash dominants have their way gets boring.
Instead, what we have are two very believable men who are dominant in their own highly intimidating way. One is well known for having a devious, conniving mind and the other a dangerous, vengeful soldier. You have to wonder how things are going to pan out and it's truly fascinating to discover if and how they do. I feel if I continue to express my satisfaction with this book I'll reveal too much, but know that it's not just about a war brewing between two men but between countries, and anyone is a possible casualty amidst the tension.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've ever read, 4 Dec. 2013
When a friend recommended me this book, I wasn't convinced: a fantasy erotica about a pleasure slave who is secretly a prince? Really not my thing. I put it off, but I did read the first few pages on the author's blog and the writing style was nice. I decided to buy it on a whim, a few months later.

I received the paperbacks two days ago. I finished the first volume in less than four hours, I literally couldn't put it down. The next day I was buzzing with energy and excitement at work, barely able to focus on my tasks remembering that the second volume was waiting at home.

The first volume was a beautiful tapestry of intrigue and ruthless imagery, with thrilling politics and more mind games than you shake a stick at, and thankfully devoid of the sort of embarrassing erotica I was expecting. In fact, considering where the setting takes place - a decadent, sexually open society of bored nobility - it contains very few explicit scenes. The characters were vivid and engaging. The writing was perfect.

Do you like twisty mind games? Buy it now. Do you like complicated and slow building relationships with a pay-off that leaves you gasping for air? What are you waiting for!

What was probably my favourite aspect was that this book didn't try holding my hand. It didn't force explanations and it didn't point large flashing lights at its plot points and red herrings. Everything was subtle and you really had to pay to attention to the text, which wasn't hard considering I was barely aware of anything else around me while reading it.

If you decide to buy it, one warning: buy BOTH books. This is very, very important - not because the plot and the action pick up in the second volume (although they do), but because by the time you finish the first book there's a good chance you'll be a nervous wreck until you get your hands on the second.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely incredible!, 2 April 2013
I cannot encourage people enough to read these books.

This writing is wonderful; the grammar is perfect, the prose seamless and flowing. The characters have great depth and dimensionality and are truly brought to life by every word. The growing relationships are heart-warming and saddening, beautiful and real. The story is envigorating and exciting, real edge of the seat stuff. I was constantly surprised and could not put my Kindle down; I read Volumes 1 and 2 in two evenings.

It has been a long time since I have been truly excited by a new book series; and this one is a must-read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 7 April 2013
I read this when it was an online story and it captivated (oooh pun!) me then. It is as beautiful in this form, it surely does not disappoint. The characterisation is fully realised, the worlds are built up in a way that makes you feel there and most importantly, the language and the writing is superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grippingly Awesome, 5 April 2013
MJ (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was recommended this book by a friend. Best recommend EVER! Truly a can't put down read.
The world built by the author is easily understood and the characters are totally absorbing. Saying that, it does start a wee bit slow but doesn't take long to build momentum (stick with it). The plot has more twists than a ball of string but loved every one.
It is a m/m story but don't let that put you off. There is intrigue, violence, dubious consent but the sex is not graphic, a fantastic blending together of characters who will captivate you and hold you prisoner (no housework being done in this house).
A well deserved 5 stars. Book 2 here I come.

5.0 out of 5 stars This deserved to be more than an online read, 6 Mar. 2013
I. Fenton "Felinewyvern" (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
This was an online read that has since been released as an ebook. It is a good read that is a part one so has an open ending that is not a cliff hanger. I was captivated by the characters and storyline. Even the world building was so good I felt I was there with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 12 Feb. 2013
Mr. A. Piccos "Andy" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Well I read the reviews and thought - go for it and see if its a good as they say. It was better and before I was half way through Volume 1 I'd downloaded the 2nd volume. Its well written and well rounded. It sucks you in, and as a previous reviewer said, you need to make sure you have a chunk of time, as once you start reading you cant stop.
Volume 2 was as good and now I'm left waiting for more- MORE PLEASE!

5.0 out of 5 stars All time favourite, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Captive Prince: Volume One: 1 (Paperback)
Amazing, incredible, unbelievably well written book!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book thoroughly recommend!, 15 Jun. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, Laurent seems such a complicated character and I love trying to work him out along with Damen.

The Regent wants the throne for good, can't wait for Laurent to come of age for the throne though and see what will happen with the people and what the Regent will do

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Captive Prince: Volume One: 1
Captive Prince: Volume One: 1 by C. S. Pacat (Paperback - 4 Feb. 2013)