5.0 out of 5 stars Great Help with passing IELTS

Published on 8 Feb 2012 by S. Rakhimova

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Help with passing IELTS, 24 Aug 2009
M. Jiang (England) - See all my reviews
I am Chinese and bought this only three weeks before my exam. It was easy to read and understand and had many useful tips - I am sure it helped me to pass first time. My best marks were in Listening and Speaking (both 8.0). The Writing tips were useful but it would be better to buy this book earlier before the exam and do more practice. Reading tips about time allocation were good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Target Band 7-Very helpful, 30 April 2009
I placed an order for the book on 4th April 2009,2 weeks before my IELTS examination,and I took delivery of the order on 14th April 2009.So I had 4 full days to work with the book in preparation for the exam.The content was quite easy to digest and it really served my purpose within those few days.I'm glad I got the book;there are no regrets at all.The price is also very reasonable.However I would have love to have an idea of the length of time it will take for the order to get to me before paying for the order.In all,I commend the services of Amazon.co.uk in the cause of my transaction.All my enquiries received a prompt and courteous response,and I really appreciate that.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is THE Book for IELTS - I got 8.5!!, 29 Dec 2011
Even though I wasn't a bad English speaker when I had to study for IELTS to pass my entrance examination in UK, I struggled. The speakers seemed all over the place when dropping details, their voices were not exactly audible at all times, my attention inadvertently focused on the wrong content. It wasn't all that great, all in all and the problem was that I needed almost 8 to be accepted for the scholarship. Then I found this little book. In no time, it takes one over the major steps of each section, gives a strategy (an efficient one) and before you know it you have improved your writing skills and your listening results getting scores above average. I whole heartedly recommend this book! Out of all the books our there if you have this one and some cassettes for listening practice you will do well even with limited time on your hands. (Not recommended but I studied for the test within a week) In fact it is so good that I saved my copy for my kids, to help them when they need to improve their language skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Sep 2009
This book is exactly what i needed to help me study for my IELTS exam (academic module).

It was easy to read and shows you exactly how to answer the IELTS questions, using the structure and terminology required to gain a high mark.

I am extremely satisfied with with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite poor, 8 Feb 2012
S. Rakhimova "Sabira" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I didn't find this book useful nor very sensible, the classification of the essay questions is a bit dodgy; advice seem to be easy, but aren't consistent and in the end make things more confusing. It has a spelling error at the back of it, what would you expect from a book like that! I have passed the IELTS successfully in the past, but bought this one to assist another person, and I'm surprised at how poorly this book is written compared to the materials I used (Cambridge and other publications).
Well if English is your first language or you are genuinely over band 7 anyway, then you might appreciate how thin and short-spoken this book is, but if you plan to really raise your score I would suggest to go for more credible sources and practice, of course. Having said this, I'm quite surprised at the current rating of this book on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 6 Feb 2011
excellent source of informations to prepare for Ielts academic module.
simple way of describing step by step what you`re meant to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ielts Review Book, 4 Oct 2010
The key point in getting the band 7 in IELTS is knowing the strategies. I have been doing my self-review with different types of IELTS review materials, but it seemed that I am not getting anywhere. Target Band 7 has set it all, it gives a clear step by step technique. Time pressure is now manageable. I am confident to take my IELTS. I'm so glad I was able to find a book which is going to be the key for me to enter a reputable university. =) Thanks Simone (The author) and mkbook. =)

1.0 out of 5 stars crap waste of money and time, 19 Aug 2013
RUBBISH!!!!!!
guys dont buy this book because its no good at all! there are plenty of mistakes, my partner is a native english and she said that the essays in this book are very low quality! apparently the author of this book is not even a native speaker! she is not even an examiner/teacher etc. She was just one of the students and passed her IELTS and decided to give a few tips on how to approach a band 7. if only she didnt charge for it so much money!!! waste of time. I used websites to prepare for my IELTS and got (at last) 7.0! good luck everyone

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic book, not helpful for getting Traget Band 7+!, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Target Band 7: IELTS Academic Module - How to Maximize Your Score (second edition) (Paperback)
Don't buy this book! Just very basic! It might be good enough for those who wanted to get IELTS Band 5.5!!

Please check other book before considering this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate to buy this book..., 25 Mar 2009
K. Altowairqi "khulud" (England) - See all my reviews
I was really confused between all these books and CDs.I entered to many websites , alot of information, advice, tips and strategies.

Nothing helped me to make a real progress or steps about what I have to DO in the IELTS exam.I was struggling, until i bought ( TARGET BAND 7).

Iknow you'll say what the different between this book and the other.

this book helped me in 2 weeks, to make a positive vision about all parts in IELTS,especially writing and reading parts which are my weakness.it gave me how can i pick up the main information in writing task 2,not only that,there are a clear and simple examples in reading part and all the parts as well. it learned me how can i manage my time in the exam, what I should-shouldn't do in speaking part. and overall how can i be myself.

Take my word for it.
If you have to choose weapon to kill your fear, don't hesitate to buy this book

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›