Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 September 2014
Excellent buy! Highly recommended with good research and personal accounts, easy to relate to and for once, addresses your needs and feelings. Helps you realize that it's not your fault that what you thought was the perfect relationship is slowly killing your self esteem, helps you understand why you can't change him, why he is stuck, how he masks his true personality, why you are drawn to him and may have difficulty letting go. How to get out and move on with plenty of help for the healing process. So if you or a friend think they need help then this is the book! Lisa E Scott also wrote 'It's all about him' (How to identify and avoid a narcissist). Excellent for the dating game and both books give a better understanding of your partner if you suspect he is a narcissist. (ps the books were bought to help a friend but we all read them and felt the Scott books helped us to help her and she thought so too!).
on 30 May 2014
Thanks Lisa-an excellent, well written insight into being in a relationship with a narcissist. Helpful tips on how to move forward and strong guidance on how to break free. Powerful stuff. I would recommend this book to anyone needing support to move forward in their lives after the devastation of realising you were in love, married in my case, with someone incapable if returning that love. It's a step to giving you your core self and strength back and allows you to move away emotionally from the unreal puppeteer pulling your strings!
on 6 August 2012
I'd read other books on the subject of narcissists but this was the one that helped me work out what I'd been through and why someone that had caused me so much heart ache was so hard to get over. Why they were so horrible whilst telling you they loved you, and why just cutting them out of your life is the ONLY way to go. Understanding what happened and then time are the only things that help.
on 20 February 2015
I had never heard of a Narcissist until it was all too late. This book might as well have been my secret diary, the pattern of my relationship is written in this book, the highs and lows I have experienced, with all the comings and goings of my Ex Narcissist in my life. I bought this book at my lowest point in life, out of sheer desperation on bordering a mini breakdown. This book as given me my fight back to get a grip on my life, reassured me I am not alone nor a fool. The truth in all of this is 'Love can be like magic, but love with a Narcissist is just and illusion'. This book and the website has most defiantly given me answers, a plan, and it's certainly made me see the light
on 10 July 2013
This book is essential for anyone trying to recover from a relationship with a narcissist. I thought I was going crazy. There is just not enough literature out there. Lisa's book and forum literally saved me from a nervous breakdown.
on 22 August 2014
To understand the trap is to avoid it. Sometimes we have already walked into it and we don't know how, why or when but to see that hole on the floor, glass on the floor, is to walk over it and keep walking
on 24 September 2014
After finding out my husband has undiagnosed narcissistic personality disorder, this book has been a godsend to me. It helped me to understand why he did certain things, and for me to look at myself so I wont make the same mistakes again. A 'must read'.
on 19 April 2014
Outlines the profile of a Narcissist in much detail. Gives you much outstanding into their mindset and makes you realise that you are not the crazy one and these individuals really do have serious personalities flaws. Very good advice on handling a Narcissist with strategies detailed for surviving the misfortunate of loving such an individual.
on 3 June 2015
I had been In a very damaging relationship with what turned out to be a very Narsasistic girl
I started reading up online and all the madness and hurt of the relationship started to unravel
By now I was off sick from work into my 3rd week
I was having panic attacks
I was on sleeping tablets and 40mg a day of Citalapram
at one point I thought I would never work again I felt that bad
I wanted to help myself and purchased some books on surviving the Narsasist
As I read this book the words were just jumping off the page at me
It was as though it had been written for me and about me
My ex broke me so many times
I was on the brink of madness and could have lost everything
this book started to unravel my problems
how I felt and what I had been through in black and white
Do not hesitate to buy this book if your worried you could be with a narsasist or know someone who is ..get it for them
This book has helped me through my melt down
and is giving me the tools I need to stay no contact and understand that I will get back to my old self
this is one of 5 books I got
but it is the best for me ..good luck
on 4 February 2016
This book is AMAZING! If you are or have been a victim of narcissism you can finally stop reading, and obsessing about trying to understand them. Just read this book, It's all you will ever need to understand how you managed to end up in a relationship with a narcissist and more importantly how to forgive yourself, love yourself, heal, get on with your life and embrace the beautiful qualities that the narcissist couldn't appreciate. This book is the greatest gift a victim of narcissism can give to themselves.

Lisa, THANK YOU, i can finally stop reading and start living.