5.0 out of 5 stars Writers- this is what you need, 6 Jun 2014
Adam Benyon (soton, uk) - See all my reviews
I have struggled with writing ambitious fiction for several years now, always losing focus and switching between projects.

"Eighth Day Genesis..." is the book I wish I had at the start of writing. It covers topics rarely covered in conventional how-to-write guides, with a focus on place and people. This book will give hints, with examples, on how to build a fictional landscape, with the guidance of various chapter authors.

So if you are like me, and find your fictional worlds lacking something, but can't quite think what, or why- then this book is for you. I bought the e-book edition, and I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for writers., 24 Oct 2012
I bought this after reading about it on the Nanowrimo site, and it was just exactly what I had been looking for. Not only is it informative and thought-provoking, it is also very well written. Neither patronising nor proscriptive, and clearly well researched, I have the feeling that it will be an essential companion to my writing for some time to come.

I would heartily recommend it as a must for anyone who wants to create a world, whether it is for fantastical or speculative fiction, or even as a setting for a roleplaying campaign. I bought it yesterday, and have very nearly finished it, I just couldn't put it down! The hundreds of notes I have made whilst reading have already immeasurably enriched the world I have been trying to create for months.

I simply cannot praise it enough!

Eighth Day Genesis: A Worldbuilding Codex for Writers and Creatives
Eighth Day Genesis: A Worldbuilding Codex for Writers and Creatives by Aaron Rosenberg (Paperback - 1 July 2012)
8.70