5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!
This is an easy to read book with very clear diagrams of how to tie knots to create a variety of things from bracelets to key fobs, etc. Some books on knot tying are somewhat cryptic but I found this very easy to follow. I got the kindle version and it works really well on my phone and on my pc. I am looking forward to any further volumes being released!
Published on 9 Nov. 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars good
downloaded for kindle was as described and very reasonable priced. Works better on the computer due to colour but very readable even on the kindle
Published 22 months ago by troggy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 9 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Paracord Fusion Ties, Vol. 1: Straps, Slip Knots, Falls, Bars, and Bundles (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle treat that builds upon his first book., 13 Nov. 2012
Lewis J. King "Severian_Random" (Harrogate) - See all my reviews
I first found J.D. Lenzen on youtube, his videos entitled TIAT (Tying It All Together) were in one word, inspirational. I have completed every single one of his ties, most of them dozens of times over.

This book is fantastic, especially for anyone that likes the more practical or wearable ties that he has produced. Loads of my favourites from his youtube channel are on here, though I am eagerly awaiting the next volume for more.
The instructions are clear and precise, easy to read through and the pictures are great. I am ecstatic that I was able to get it on the Kindle as now I can take the ties pretty much everywhere with me, especially as I can use it on my Kindle phone app.

The knots range from bracelets to keyring fobs, starting with more historical knots like the Solomon Bar and then showcases his own designs and creations. Many of which I have tied myself, I am currently wearing a shark jaw bone bracelet in green and purple.

I especially like the foreword by Stormdrane, another fantastic knot enthusiast.

If you like knots, creating bracelets and the like as gifts, this is a must. Great if you want some monkey fists as well!

Excellent work Mr Lenzen, roll on the next volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tying projects and Instruction........, 23 Jan. 2013
Steve "S" (Cleveland U.K.) - See all my reviews
I have learnt a lot from this publication. There are stacks of different ways of getting from A to B with a piece of 550 paracord and this will show you enough for you to have sore fingers for a month. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 28 Dec. 2013
My 9 year old loves this book. The photo illustrations have made it really easy for him to make fantastic bracelets, wrist bands, dog collars and key rings. Can't go wrong with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could do with a few more steps and coloured ropes for clarity, 28 Jan. 2014
I write on the basis of my first encounter with this book and trying to learn how to do the 2-Strand Diamond Knot. I became confused because one or two steps seemed to be missing and at one stage it looked as if a loop was to be made under one part, where on puzzling over it a little, I realised that it was merely an interim stage in getting more of the rope through the gap. One or two additional steps and explanations would have been more helpful, avoiding my confusion and getting my efforts wrong a few times at the beginning, with the resulting disappointment. I note that other ties in the book use different coloured ropes and it would have been helpful if this could have been so with this one, even if it may be tied with two ends of one rope.

If I was revising the book, as well as using two different coloured ropes, for this tie, as I have suggested, so that it was clear where they went, and the extra stages, I would also superimpose arrows and broken lines showing the movement in each stage, as opposed to merely describing what is needed. I think I might also include links to the relevant YouTube videos with the ties, (with suitable short url's), for quick related viewing as well. This would be all the more useful if viewing in a Kindle app or the Windows program.

I suspect that there may be some slightly different ways, including short cuts, to doing the same ties and if there are, perhaps additional explanations of how to do these, might be helpful towards getting the feel for how the ties work.

As may be clear from my explanation, I am not completely sure of the terms for the different shapes that are involved in rope. So at least, in the first few instructions if there were also reminder box-offs, (as I think they are called), to help me remember them, on the go, as it were, that would help to reinforce them, as well as for clarity in following the instructions.

Incidentally some hints on how to hold the ropes during the processes would be helpful. For instance I saw some instructions elsewhere which showed the demonstrator looping part of the rope around two fingers in order to more easily thread the ends through. I found this very helpful and perhaps the author could give some thought to showing this kind of thing as a possibility.

I suspect that unlike me, new to this, apart from being able to do some knotting as a Scout, those more experienced may not have quite the same difficulty as myself, but for the sake of less able people like me, perhaps a revision of this book, which I am reading as a Kindle ebook, may include some of my suggestions.

On the whole I very much like the concept of this book and appreciate the efforts of the author and others who may have been involved in its production. The related YouTube video's with the periodic delays at suitable stages, to allow for understanding of what to do are a great help as well, and very thoughtfully done. Also, when some authors/publishers appear to be a bit greedy with their prices for their Kindle editions of their books, in relation to their printed editions, I do appreciate the reasonable price of this edition. Living on a very low budget, this is particularly appreciated and enables me to enjoy this budding interest that much more easily.

I will try to give some further feedback later on when I have hopefully got further through this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on making paracord bracelets I've seen ., 20 Feb. 2014
This book is full of information on the making of Paracord bracelets and a great deal of research,time and patience in the setting up the layout. I would recommend this book to beginners and experienced Paracord bracelet makers alike. The one word for this book is " Brilliant".

brees.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great instructions, 1 Aug. 2013
Bob J (Lincoln, England) - See all my reviews
I'm new to the world of knotting, having got an interest in tying military-style uniform braids for steampunk outfits, and this book was the cheaper of two that looked suitable for a beginner (the other is Ashley's Book of Knots, about £50).
I had done a couple of easy (!) ties before the book arrived but never with paracord, another new term to me. I had already bought two skeins of different coloured cords so by the time the book arrived I was about ready to go. The first thing I tried was the Monkey Fist. The instructions and photographs in the book are excellent, giving virtually no room for error. I successfully tied my knot in about 20 minutes, then turned it into a key fob by tying another of the easier chain knots with the cord ends.
Highly recommended book for the beginner and experienced knot-tyer alike.
I shall probably be getting more such books in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners,but all knots on U tube!!, 13 Aug. 2014
Captain drew QOH "Captain Drew" (Stourport on severn, Worcs, UK) - See all my reviews
I find this to be a ok book but, I bought this book hopeing it would show me more complex methods of using paracord. I can honestly say that I have learnt all my methods using U tube,where you can pause and rewind until you master each knot. I can see why some people say this is a good book,because it would be for somebody new to paracord tieing, and without a method of accessing U tube..

5.0 out of 5 stars such a good book, 24 Mar. 2014
Ainslo (Withernsea, East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I love the clarity and simplicity of this book, it has enabled me to complete complex projects with a small learning curve.

4.0 out of 5 stars KNOTS,KNOTS and MORE KNOTS!, 17 Feb. 2014
As a retired seafarer I suppose I have always had a fascination for knots. On occasion knowing a few have probably saved my life, so learning a few more have added to my repertoire. A great little addition to my 'reading'.

Paracord Fusion Ties, Vol. 1: Straps, Slip Knots, Falls, Bars, and Bundles