4.0 out of 5 stars Well crafted!!
Published 21 months ago by Steve

3.0 out of 5 stars Max Q....A trial in itself!
After reading Officer Jones I had high hopes for this book and indeed the first three quarters of it held my attention, sadly things went rapidly downhill from there, I skimmed the rest of the story, which had turned into a confusing farce.
Published 23 months ago by Swazzer

4.0 out of 5 stars Well crafted!!, 27 Jun. 2013
I thought this book was an excellent read. Enjoyed the humour. It helped that the main character is written in the first person given the many characters in the book. The Title leaves you guessing how many trials there are and certainly you are left guessing who the true defendant is. It leaves you hankering after the truth such that you can't put this book down. It's a pity the lead lawyer didn't get his "man" in the end. Some readers may view him as a hero to zero failure. Others may decide he's the bravest laywer around! Who really won in the end? Defence of Prosecution? Read for yourself! Well done Mr Ciccone I say!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 13 Jan. 2012
I really enjoyed reading Derek's 1st book, Painless, so when I saw there was a second book, I could not wait to download it to my Kindle. I absolutely loved this book and was very disappointed when it finally came to an end. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 17 April 2012
From reading Derek Ciccone's 'The Truant Officer' at the beginning of the year, I couldn't wait to read his previous two novels. I love the way Ciccone writes, with plenty of twists and lots of humour too and the endings of his novels are usually unexpected. I'll be first in the queue for his next one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start..., 1 Jun. 2013
Sharpie (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I began to wonder how far I'd get before I abandoned this book as the first couple of chapters (whilst scene setting I guess) didn't reach out and grab me. I'm glad I persevered because the book turned into a real page turner. Very enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars BIT OF A SLOW BURNER BUT WORTH WAITING FOR, 16 Feb. 2015
This is a really good read and I am a sucker for a court room drama so a total 'win win' for me.
In truth it ambled along for a while at the beginning but once it found it's stride it was worth the wait.
It had more twists and turns than a twisty turney thing (a line from Black Adder, I think?) and just when I thought I'd guessed who'd dunnit, Mr Ciccone threw a different suspect and motive into the mix. Clever.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good page turner, 21 Mar. 2014
Two high profile people and one of them is on trial for a murder they say they did not commit. A high profile trial with all and sundry looking on and a hot shot lawyer compelled to put the murderer away! Who is helping them, who is hampering them, who is telling the truth? Apart from the trial Jake has to contend with his high profile family who want him to let the case go and back into the family fold. A good story and you keep reading to finish another chapter, and then one more. Before you know it time has gone on and another half hour gone by in being immersed in the ongoing case and trial. I have read one other story Officer Jones (another page turner that makes you loose time by being engrossed in the story) and no doubt will read other books by Derek Ciccone - an author that can hold his own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maxed out!, 29 Sept. 2013
P. J. Hayward (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
Keeps you guessing. I had at least four suspects - all of which had definitely done it and I was still wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars Engrosing, 30 May 2013
These books need to be read in order, I must say I am not sure that I will be able to hang on till my holiday to complete.

Without spoiling the book for anyone, High profile person is charged with the murder of another high profile not so nice person - on the surface.

The characters are well rounded and Mr Ciccone pulls you in nicly. Very easy read but be warned you will want to read the complete set especially if like me you have to know who did it and why.

3.0 out of 5 stars Max Q....A trial in itself!, 21 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 April 2013
A really good book with many twists and turns to the story. I would recommend it to any lover of mystery novels.

The Trials of Max Q
The Trials of Max Q by Derek Ciccone (Paperback - 30 May 2012)