5.0 out of 5 stars Primal Connection - Ignore at your own peril...
Published 15 months ago by HardToPlease

3.0 out of 5 stars somewhat interesting
Published 15 months ago by Jason

3.0 out of 5 stars somewhat interesting, 28 Jan 2013
I am a big "fan" of Mark Sisson and have noticed significant improvements since adopting (for the most part) his eating recommendations. This book starts out quite interesting but gradually started to feel more and more wooly after the first couple of chapters. The writing standard is not up to that of his previous book (primal blueprint), which is an excellent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Primal Connection - Ignore at your own peril..., 24 Jan 2013
HardToPlease "HTP" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint and now Primal Connection are eye opening books. They reveal the true nature of human evolution and how we should embrace it instead of turning to the junk churned out by multinational companies that are completely focused on profit and shareholder accountability. Humans have been duped into believing heavily manipulated information on diet and nutrition which is simply FALSE! If you want to live long and prosper in the modern world then you need to educate yourself and there is no better way to start than with the Primal series of books. They may just save your life!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent thought provoker, 27 Feb 2013
J. N. Carter "John Carter" (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Primal Connection: Follow Your Genetic Blueprint to Health & Happiness (Sustainable Agriculture) (Hardcover)
This is an excellent thought provoking book, linking many aspects of our modern life and how we might consider our evolutionary heritage to become happier more fulfilled humans. As a dyed in the wool vegetarian I might not be an obvious fan of primal when it comes to the emphasis on eating meat but please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I have adapted my diet to be more focused on nuts and seeds, less on grains & beans, and feel better, more energised for it. Brief intense exercise is fun - no more drudgery of prolonged agony on an exercise bike. Primal posture(TM) has released me from 20 years of debilitating chronic back pain, so much so I now teach the Gokhale Method. My love of sailing, gardening and walking has new significance. We all like neat tidy answers - primal thinking has topedoed many of my old certainties, raised new questions, new possibilities. Enjoy the challenge of this new way of thinking and take from it what resonates for you. Our evolution continues.

5.0 out of 5 stars An example for all of us!, 23 Jan 2013
I have only just received the book, but I've read it in a weekend and can only say, what a truly inspiring book! Mark talks about everything, from the simple things in life like enjoying playtime with you loved ones and friends onto how to reclaim our lost connections with nature. It truly is the best thing you can do for yourself reading this book, because so many of us have lost site of the good things in life.Our 24/7 economies aren't helping but we need to reconnect with everything that is important like spending some quiet time somewhere in a park instead of constantly sitting behind our PC's or actually enjoying a meal or a chat without constantly being on the iPhone or other tablets. Go out there and reconnect with your instincts and as I don't want to give away to much, I can only say this is definitely a must read, if you know what is good for you! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 April 2013
D. Sharpe - See all my reviews
At first I didn't plan on buying this book, having already got the Primal Blueprint and the 21 Days, but I read some of the other reviews and thought I'd chance it. I'm really glad I did. Although some of the same ground is covered (ideal if this is your first primal book!) but not excessively, and the new material is well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Primal Living is More Than Just Food, 18 Jan 2013
PaleoPete (Hampshire England) - See all my reviews
The Primal Connection takes us beyond the life changing information in The Primal Blueprint to a recipe for enhancing every aspect of our lives - firstly the invaluable information on what we really should be eating for optimal health and longevity and now guidance for every aspect of our lives - not lightly I say awesome! Definitely a 'must' for all Primal Folk.

As Mark Sissons often says: Grok On!!
Primal Connection: Revive Your Genetic Blueprint, Reclaim Your Health, and Rediscover PeaceThe Primal Blueprint: Reprogramme your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health and boundless energy

5.0 out of 5 stars ReLook at my life, 17 July 2013
Always interested in alternate ways of living and this proved to be something that anyone can attempt. Essentially be yourself and enjoy life - I never grew up and still prefer the fun of childhood with the awareness of the things an adult has to do. Read Mark s page on the net a good daily fix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Feb 2013
Lovely stuff <3 I really really really really really really really really really really really appreciate this lovely book. Yup.

1.0 out of 5 stars The heart attack connection, 15 Jan 2013
The notion that we lived off a diet of animals when we were hunter gatherers is false. Hunting was a very small part of their activities and gathering plant based foods was the main part. Every time tests are conducted on debris found in the teeth of early humans they find one thing, starch! Every successful civilization on the planet fuelled using a carb of some sort. The Romans gladiators were called barley men because their diet was plant based. They preferred to eat barley instead of meat because they could fight better. Their lives depended on winning so they wanted to eat the foods which gave them the most energy and strength, carbs from plants! Hair samples analysed shows that 200 Roman gladiators found in a burial site were all vegan!

The worst diseases on the planet are caused by eating animal protein and fats. It's scientific fact that eating over 10% of your diet consisting of animal products can cause cancer, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, MS, autism, alzheimer's etc. The oldest people in the world live on a diet containing very little animal products (1%-5%)and live to 120+, these people live in places like okinawa and india. The human body is physiologically very close to herbivores as are the closest related animals.

The author of this book has no education to be advising about history or the human diet. This book is ignorant and offers poor advise which puts peoples health at risk.

For accurate information about the natural human diet I suggest people read 'the china study' and work by Dr John Mcdougal, Dr Esselstyn, Dr Ornish, Dr Barnard, Colin Campbell etc.

ARRAY(0xa68daf90)