5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best read since 50 Shades Of Grey.
Love every one of these books by Cherise Sinclair. To help anyone interested in reading them all, it is best (I think) to read them in sequence, though you don't have to they are all stand alone books, but you get a better picture of the characters I think.
So starting with the first, Shadowlands Series.....Read in Paperback....
1) Masters of the Shadowlands...
Published 18 months ago by crummocklass

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay - fine for a freebie
If there were stars for just the sensuality of the sex scenes and how arousing and descriptive they are, then it would be top marks.
Unfortunately, if you are going to write a sub-standard and totally unbelieveable plot to run alongside, then you have to lose marks!

Published 18 months ago by Teaney

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay - fine for a freebie, 27 Nov. 2013

It's a shame because the sex scenes are V good - just a pity that the author had to rely on padding the story out, because the remainder of the storyline is pedestrian at best.

Read it if you want a quick turn on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best read since 50 Shades Of Grey., 21 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Masters of the Shadowlands: 1 (Paperback)
So starting with the first, Shadowlands Series.....Read in Paperback....
1) Masters of the Shadowlands (contains Club Shadowlands and Dark Citadel) if reading ebooks they are two seperate books.
2) Breaking Free
3) Lean on Me
4) Make me, Sir
5) To Command and Collar
6) This is Who I Am
7) If Only

1) Dom's Of Dark Haven
2) Dom's of Dark Haven 2 (Western Night) } these Bks 1&2 are short stories by three authoresses
3) Master of the Mountain
4) Master of the Abyss
5) My Liege of Dark Haven
6) The Dom's Dungeon

I couldn't put any of them down!

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I gave this a shot, 1 April 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Masters of the Shadowlands: 1 (Paperback)
OK so BDSM is not for everyone and you know what it isn't actually for me. Some of the books I've read with it leave me really cringing and shocked. So why did I read this? I started reading it on the little snippet that can read on Amazon and that's was it I was intrigued and wanted to read more.

I'd be lying if I said I still didn't cringe at some parts because I did. I really don't get the humiliation part of BDSM, why would any submissive want to put her/himself through that is beyond me. But I actually really liked the underlying love story that was between Jessica and Master Z

My only gripe...... it could have been longer it could have been explored further on from them getting together as by the end of the book you actually didn't want their story to end, well I didn't.

So if your sceptical about this sort of story, wondering whether to take the plunge and read this type of book, I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed afterwards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, loved Master Z, 26 Sept. 2012
The Masters of the Shadowlands series centres around a private BDSM club, Club Shadowlands with each book exploring the relationship between and a different master and their submissive. The love stories each evolve in their own way. The first one is about Master Z and Jessica. I liked Master Z almost straight away. He had such a calming yet strong feel about him. When you find out his day job you realise why he calls her "pet" and "little one". I didn't really warm to Jessica much as a character and think that was the only flaw in the book and the fact the beginning was a bit far fetched. However, it is so funny in parts as Jessica learns about the rules of BDSM clubs. It was nice to see the hero and heroine find a happily ever after. This is the first Cherise Sinclair book I have read and she seems a Master at writing in this genre, truly setting a standard for other authors to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really wonderful story, 13 April 2015
I enjoyed this way mote than I thought I would. After reading previous reviews I really wasn't expecting such a wonderful story, yes I see where some of the other reviewers are coming from when they mention how quickly she trusts him but it's a work of fiction not a biography. Personally I really liked the characters, to be honest Jessica kind of reminded me of...well me and I guess that is why I found it such a wonderful story.
I will admit I had to take breaks whilst reading this as it was so freaking hot! To say I got a tad flustered would be the understatement of the century...
I appreciate this book won't be for everyone but if you keep in mind that it's fiction and you are open minded then I would recommend you give it a go.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much story, 6 Nov. 2013
This is easy to read novel. Not much story but there's a lot of Dom/sub sex. Nice ending though.
A enjoyable read for a kindle freebie

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings about this one.., 3 Jun. 2013
Firstly the sex is pretty hot in this book but overall I felt that the storyline was just lacking something? I didn't like the way Master Z deals with the tutorial either, to me it just seems pretty callous even if he was doing it for her benefit (in my opinion no newbie in to BDSM would like being put out there for others to gawk at but maybe that's just me?!)

I hadn't read anything from this author before but I think I'd try the next book in the series and see how I fair with that. Sorry it's a bit of a generic review but I really can't put my finger on what exactly it was missing for me, I just know something was!!

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this sexy erotic read!, 18 May 2015
This was a genuinely erotic read, The sex scenes were well written and the people were actually sexy! The story within was a simple tale of man meets woman and BDSM relationship develops- not exactly earth shattering and no overly silly out of this world experiences, but a straightforward good sexy read . The real issue I have is that the Kindle version finsishes at 93%. I get so irritated when this much of a book is not the story but advertising for the next one and the worst thing is it didn't need to do this. It stood up on its own merits and I would buy the next one anyway. I personally don't read the excerpts for the next one when tagged on the end and it annoys me that they are there (as you can tell). I have seen some of the other reviews and understand why some feel that the story is "light/lite" but I personally felt it was pretty good and have definitely read a lot worse!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot :), 5 July 2012
There is only one way to describe this book and the series, Hot Hot Hot!

Jessica finds herself in a ditch by the side of the road on her way home from a disastrous date after she has an accident in her car. In the middle of a raging storm with no phone signal she spots a rather large house in the distance. Deciding to try and see if she can use their phone and hide out from the storm she sets off. Little does she know this is a private BDSM club and that meeting Master Z will not only change her night but her life...

After being allowed admittance by the owner she signs the house rules without reading them properly and soon finds herself in a whole new world with consequences she not only does not understand but soon finds she needs after being taken under Master Z's wing as his submissive.

Fab book, very hot and well worth a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars I will read on, Sir !!, 2 July 2012
Louise Kemp - See all my reviews
O my !! What to say about this book !!
Jessica is having a very bad day, she has just been on an awful date and her car has just crashed in a ditch leaving her in the middle of nowhere. Walking to find help and get dry she finds a house in the middle of nowhere. She soon discovers this is no ordinary house but a BDSM club. Under the watchful eye of the owner Master Z, Jessica explores the world of BDSM and what it entails to be a sub.
I sat and read this book in an afternoon and only put it down to make a cup of tea! The story was a simple one, and nothing to complicated. There was a nice relationship formed between the two lead characters and the background characters were also good, I like the sound of Cullen the bartender and hope is featured in his own book! The sex was hot hot hot, interesting and well written. Will be reading more ;O)

Masters of the Shadowlands: 1
Masters of the Shadowlands: 1 by Cherise Sinclair (Paperback - 6 Feb. 2013)