4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I gave this a shot
OK so BDSM is not for everyone and you know what it isn't actually for me. Some of the books I've read with it leave me really cringing and shocked. So why did I read this? I started reading it on the little snippet that can read on Amazon and that's was it I was intrigued and wanted to read more.

I'd be lying if I said I still didn't cringe at some parts...
Published 23 months ago by An avid reader.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
To rude
Published 1 month ago by lisa johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I gave this a shot, 1 April 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Masters of the Shadowlands: 1 (Paperback)

I'd be lying if I said I still didn't cringe at some parts because I did. I really don't get the humiliation part of BDSM, why would any submissive want to put her/himself through that is beyond me. But I actually really liked the underlying love story that was between Jessica and Master Z

My only gripe...... it could have been longer it could have been explored further on from them getting together as by the end of the book you actually didn't want their story to end, well I didn't.

So if your sceptical about this sort of story, wondering whether to take the plunge and read this type of book, I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed afterwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best read since 50 Shades Of Grey., 21 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Masters of the Shadowlands: 1 (Paperback)
Love every one of these books by Cherise Sinclair. To help anyone interested in reading them all, it is best (I think) to read them in sequence, though you don't have to they are all stand alone books, but you get a better picture of the characters I think.
So starting with the first, Shadowlands Series.....Read in Paperback....
1) Masters of the Shadowlands (contains Club Shadowlands and Dark Citadel) if reading ebooks they are two seperate books.
2) Breaking Free
3) Lean on Me
4) Make me, Sir
5) To Command and Collar
6) This is Who I Am
7) If Only

1) Dom's Of Dark Haven
2) Dom's of Dark Haven 2 (Western Night) } these Bks 1&2 are short stories by three authoresses
3) Master of the Mountain
4) Master of the Abyss
5) My Liege of Dark Haven
6) The Dom's Dungeon

I couldn't put any of them down!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, loved Master Z, 26 Sept. 2012
The Masters of the Shadowlands series centres around a private BDSM club, Club Shadowlands with each book exploring the relationship between and a different master and their submissive. The love stories each evolve in their own way. The first one is about Master Z and Jessica. I liked Master Z almost straight away. He had such a calming yet strong feel about him. When you find out his day job you realise why he calls her "pet" and "little one". I didn't really warm to Jessica much as a character and think that was the only flaw in the book and the fact the beginning was a bit far fetched. However, it is so funny in parts as Jessica learns about the rules of BDSM clubs. It was nice to see the hero and heroine find a happily ever after. This is the first Cherise Sinclair book I have read and she seems a Master at writing in this genre, truly setting a standard for other authors to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow wow wow, 13 Sept. 2012
these books come in a set of the best reads that you will have since fifty shades of grey
i have just completed the last one and i am soooooooo sad that i am starting them again
please if you want a good set of gritty books with a storyline then these are for you
the author really has done her homework on the bdsm lifestyle and included some real realities that can happen around this scene these books really are hot hot hot wow wow wow
read them i dare you not to love them

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this so much, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Masters of the Shadowlands: 1 (Paperback)
I loved this so much, I got most of the other books of the sequel in as well! The way it's written makes it accesible for people that are new to the subject BDSM, yet if you are familiar with it, it is still a great read!
If you're just curious what it's all about, but don't want to get in to deep just yet, this is definitely the book to get. The insight and psychological understanding of the author is real good!

5.0 out of 5 stars cherise sinclaire is the most amaing author to date, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Masters of the Shadowlands: 1 (Paperback)
five stars excellent reading and have read it 3 times would recomend to anyone who loves erotic books :) l

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot stuff !!!, 16 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Masters of the Shadowlands: 1 (Paperback)
Extremely well written for anyone who wants to gain a greater understanding of the BDSM world and the dynamics it involves .Great story line with amazing loveable characters , gets you a bit hot under the collar!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it .... best book, 19 Dec. 2012
love reading these book from this author, ever since reading these, cant get into any other books. x x x

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 4 Jan. 2015
To rude

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 7 Jan. 2010
Really enjoyed this book. Lots of action but also good characters and relationships. Definitely recommend this as a good, kinky read.

Masters of the Shadowlands: 1
Masters of the Shadowlands: 1 by Cherise Sinclair (Paperback - 6 Feb. 2013)