1 Review

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Trial of the Clone: An Interactive Adventure! (Paperback)
This book seems to be aimed at a very specific nerd niche with a very specific sense of humour. Unfortunately for me, I'm a girl. Who showers. And is not obsessed with sex. I used to read CYOA books as a kid and SMBC is one of the few web comics I follow, so when I saw the Kickstarter project for this book I jumped on it.

The books starts out pretty interesting, but then I couldn't even get out of the Act 1 loop I got myself into without making completely idiotic choices. It was pretty much all downhill from there. I agree with some points other reviewers have made:

'Shawn P. Green':
"The humour wasn't of the same quality as SMBC -- it was crude and focused on sex and potty humour. It wasn't the clever, intelligent humour I'd come to expect from Weinersmith. What's more, the protagonist is a complete idiot (purposefully so), and it's no fun at all taking on the role of an idiot."

'avaryce':
"The character you are playing as is a d***head in a sea of d***heads. And the epithet is apt because, hey, sex jokes are what this book seems to be built on...if you enjoy crude humor and don't mind playing somebody who's as dumb as a rock, you'll love this"

I quit somewhere in Act 3 and can't bring myself to pick up this book again.

Trial of the Clone: An Interactive Adventure!
Trial of the Clone: An Interactive Adventure! by Zach Weinersmith (Paperback - 9 Aug 2012)
8.10