5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read handbook for empaths and sensitives
I've long felt the mixed blessings of being empath and like many empaths, have lived a life being misunderstood and subjected to criticism for being "too emotional" or "too highly-strung". I felt like an emotional sponge fit to explode while working in the corporate world, soaking up the atmosphere despite my best endeavours at protecting myself.

When I heard...
Published on 14 Mar 2011 by Callie Carling

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice enough book
Quite a lot of detail of the writers history etc. It was a good book but it didn't deliver on what I wanted whether that is down to the book or me I don't know but I am certainly not free from the feelings of others.
Published 11 months ago by Lara Ledsham

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read handbook for empaths and sensitives, 14 Mar 2011

When I heard that a lady who I much admire (Yvonne Perry) had written a new book on empaths, it was on my list of must-reads immediately! It was a huge relief to read through Yvonne's wonderful book "Whose Stuff Is This?", nodding vigorously and shedding a few tears as she bravely shared her story. My heart expanded as I read through the many stories Yvonne sprinkles liberally throughout Whose Stuff Is This? and it was just SO nice to realise that being an empath is a true gift and there ARE ways to use this amazing natural ability for good effect without being a risk to our own emotional and mental wellbeing.

I loved reading the chapter on the Psychology of an Empath, with the Core Temperaments being truly insightful. I spent quite some time reflecting on my own personal journey in terms of nurturing peace and balance whilst reading this chapter (7).

Chapters 8 to 10 should be required reading for any practitioner, therapist, coach, spiritual healer and counsellor - especially at the time of training! Identifying Your Own Energy, Clearing Your Energy Field and Setting B0undaries really dinged a few bells that could so easily have been dealt with all those years ago while I studied as a holistic massage therapist and spiritual healer! It is only now that I can truly understand and explore the gifts that forgiveness and detachment offer empaths and I am so grateful to Yvonne for sharing so much wisdom in such an easy-to-read format.

This is a book I will return to time and time again - and will wholeheartedly encourage people to read, too. At this time in our evolution, empaths need to be firing on all cylinders, free to use their gifts yet able to protect their energies and their sanity.

For now, I'm going to meditate on this wonderful affirmation from Yvonne's affirmation gems in the book: "I am abundantly blessed and happy as I express the beauty and creativity of my heart."

(not read on Kindle - read as paperback book)

5.0 out of 5 stars an empaths best friend, 18 July 2011
This review is from: Whose Stuff Is This?: Finding Freedom from the Negative Thoughts, Feelings, and Energy of Those Around You (Paperback)
what can i say about this book by yvonne perry, other than thank you so much for a great read..i heard about this book through another author for empaths "michael r smith" and upon reading it i am delighted to say that it is as good as i had hoped and so much more..not only does ms perry give helpful tips on how do manage being an empathic person but she also gives hope to empaths for a way forward with their empathy that not only uplifts but also inspires...
when reading this book, i felt a little of my own journey on the pages as i read and it had me in moments in tears and also in other moments deeply relieved.. this book is wrote in such a personal way and the author seems to have opened her heart and poured her journey on the pages in such a beautifully delicate and inspiring manner and her honesty is deeply refreshing..
with so many tips and tools for working with empathy and how to turn what can sometimes feel like a curse into a beautiful gift, the reader doesnt just take home anothers story of how they have coped with being a highly sensitive person but also is left with lots to tools to work with to take the journey of their empathy into their own hands and see it transform

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a book that needed to be written!, 29 Jan 2011
Mrs. S. P. Jones (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Yvonne starts from the premise that "Empaths are loving, caring and kind people who want to help others" and then goes on to help people to recognise their own empathic gifts, understand how they have manifested in their lives in the past, and offers a wealth of tools to help stay safe and whole rather than be buffesteed by what's going on in people around.. And in the midst of this she tells her own story...

Dr Caron Goode contributes from her standpoint of working with empaths in her practice and the result is a book which deals engagingly and comprehensively with the whole subject of empathy(for such a scholarly treatment, it is very easy to read!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I neede to hear, 1 May 2013
This book has really helped me understand when an emotion is my own and when I have picked it up from someone else. Now I can help people without getting caught up in their drama.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 6 Dec 2013
I would recommend this book. Gives good information about how to protect your self and cope with daily life and problems

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read handbook for empaths and sensitives, 7 April 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Empath Must, 28 Feb 2014
Tazz Rainbow (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
A must for any empath. Just expect it to send you on a journey. I started with this book and have read more about empathy since.

4.0 out of 5 stars finding freedom from the negative thoughts feelings, 31 Dec 2013
I bought the book for a friend as a gift . she liked it very much . it helped her alot

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice enough book, 4 Sep 2013