5.0 out of 5 stars Best Paleo Cookbook so far - and so much more
I just received my copy of this book today and I've already given it a thorough read through. I'm really pleased I bought it.
The recipes are all illustrated with beautiful colour photos and, on the whole, take half an hour or less to make.
Published on 25 May 2011 by A. Rickard

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 12 Dec 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Paleo Cookbook so far - and so much more, 25 May 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
While still having an American slant (there's no such thing as a British Paleo book yet) the ingredients are on the whole easy to get hold of over here and if you're used to Paleo or low carb cooking you'll already be used to the American measuring system.
Aside from the recipes though, this is so much more than just a cookery book.
At the front is a quick resume of what Paleo means as well as the author's potted life story and guidelines on living the Paleo lifestyle.
These include Getting Started (with useful ingredient lists and shopping guide) Managing Change and how to get the family on board, Sleep, Stress and how not to be a mess, kitchen essentials and Paleo survival guide. After the recipe section there is a full thirty day Family Meal Plan with shopping lists followed by a section on Fitness with detailed bodyweight workouts for beginners and more advanced athletes. Also exercises for kids and workouts the Mums (or Dads) can do with a baby or toddler in tow. All illustrated with clear pictures.
A fantastically useful book in my opinion and one I'm sure I'll be referring to for many years to come.
I'm off to order more copies for all my friends now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Dec 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
I had heard loads about this book, Sarah seems to be some kind of God in the Paleo world. Have to say I was really disappointed when it arrived. The book is not great quality, the photos do not make the food look appetising at all. The recipes are a good guide to give you ideas and help you on your way if you are new to paleo BUT I found many of them very bland. If you are used to cooking etc it's not a great book. I think in the UK we are spoiled by a great selection of slick and modern cookery books, this book feels really home made and old fashioned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Paleo Cookbook, 29 Jun 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
Great recipe ideas included in this book. I have dropped one star for 2 reasons:
I would've preferred less of the exercises and more recipes.
Many people who do the paleo diet do so because they have an autoimmune condition but a lot of the recipes include ingredients that are not suitable for this extra strict version of the paleo diet, (ie eggs, nightshades and nuts.) A lot of the recipes are therefore defunct for people experiencing these conditions like myself. It would be super if suggestions could be made for alternatives to these ingredients (I know not always possible) or even if recipes could be flagged as suitable for autoimmune paleo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and interesting book, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
This book makes you want to change your whole way of eating, it is inspiring to read what an impact a change of diet can have on one's health. There is a great amount of explanation of the lifestyle as well as recipes for meals. The recipes are well laid out, and easy to follow. As usual I was at a disadvantage in relation to access to some ingredients due to being in Ireland but it doesn't stop me from enjoying this book and the great food I can produce from the recipes within.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, and I like what it is, 2 Aug 2011
Mr. Luke Timms (England UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
A no nonsense Paleo recipe book complete with home-grown photos. I'm referring to this all the time and really feel inspired by how she has turned her life around. Granted its not the most polished quality, but thats part of its charm.

It also has lots more than just recipes!

This for me is a must have for anyone struggling with recipes following the Paleo way of life (its not a diet, its a way of life).

Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not scientific but very practical, 19 July 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
If you want to have the full blown Paleo Diet science thing spelt out read Taubes, Sissons or Cordain. If you want a really easy way into actually putting it all into action, read Fragoso. The recipes aren't ground breaking (and frankly the photography is dreadful) but they are easily adapted from what I would describe as North American versions of curries etc, to European versions, for example. The real selling point is the 30-day family meal plan broken into 5 day chunks, with shopping lists (4 doz eggs? Eeek!) using left-overs for lunches and suggestions for packed lunches too. Comprehensive exercise sections broken down into work outs for different levels and situations - e.g. Basic, advanced, kids, workouts with your baby, pushchair or a partner. Supportive in tone covering 'whole life' things like sleep and stress as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Going Paleo, get this book, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
If you're looking at taking up a Paleo lifestyle, then this is one book that you need. Sarah puts it down in plain english with good, easy to follow recipes. This isn't a fad diet, it's a lifestyle change, and Everyday Paleo will help you on that road. Combined with Robb Wolf, Sarah's book gives you the tools to make the change to improve your health for the better, and long term.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful introduction to Paleo cooking, 30 Oct 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
Upon first read I decided I was going to send this book back. I found the 'American-ness' too OTT and it really put me off. However, I decided to persevere and was pleasantly surprised.

The vast majority of recipes are quick and easy to follow. For the UK I would recommend buying a set of US 'cups' along with this book (if you don't already have some) along with a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter app as everything is in American measurements - as you would expect!

I personally didn't think there was a need for an exercise section at the end, and depending on which version of the paleo diet you follow some recipes in this book may be off-bounds. But on the whole, I'm pleased I kept it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
Having already read The Paleo Diet and Paleo Diet for Athletes, I was keen to find a recipe book showing tasty meals to help me stick to the quite restrictive regime. I decided to give this book a try, having read the positive reviews and I love it.

Yes, it's frustrating when you can't source some of the American ingredients, but for the most part you can find an alternative. The meals I've tried so far are easy to prepare (love the slow cooker recipes) and the pictures are great. The book is also big enough that you can open it on the page you want and it'll stay open!

Although I'd read the other books, I felt it was a nice addition to include the brief introduction to the Paleo diet and reasoning behind it and reading the authors personal experience of it. I think this would give the 'beginner' some background to the diet, without them having to read the original books if they didn't want to. I also quite liked the references the author made to her family throughout and explanation of how some of the recipes had come about.

I think the exercise plans at the end of the book are a bonus - not necessary for a 'recipe book', but then this really is so much more. And, as we all know, if you're really serious about health & fitness, you really should combine diet and exercise.

Definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Jun 2012
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Kindle Edition)
I love this book. It's common sense and easy to understand. My kids live all the recipes and they use normal ingredients that I have in my kitchen.

Everyday Paleo
Everyday Paleo by Robb Wolf (Paperback - 25 April 2011)
17.03