1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to be a designer to read this. But it helps., 21 Aug 2011
Mr. P. Labrow (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
A really funny book that's especially relevant to anyone in the website design/graphic designer field. Yes, "the client is always right" but sometimes the client can say outrageous things - this is a collection of some of the funniest. Except, if you were said to you, you almost certainly wouldn't be laughing.

Finding myself in need of a jolly good belly laugh, I stumbled upon the Clients from Hell website. As a designer by trade, it resonated well with me.

Yes, we'd all like to think that the client is always right, but if they were always right they wouldn't need help and advice, would they? In some cases they can be nave (will my website be at the top of Google for all searches?), in others says mind-bending things (can you move this half a pixel to the left?) and in some rare cases be rude, hurtful or aggressive.

This book features all of the above - and more. It's a collection of real stories from designers around the world. Yes, it helps to be a designer to appreciate these but it's not essential. In all works of life we meet people who range from the nave to the aggressive. I was in stiches from beginning to end - apart from where I was breathless at the inappropriate behaviour of some of the clients. This isn't a large book and it's one I was unable to put down once I'd started reading.

Thankfully, my own clients are very nice people who typically only want the impossible by tomorrow. Heaven help me if I ever come across some of the people documented in this book.

Clients From Hell: A collection of anonymously-contributed client horror stories from designers
Clients From Hell: A collection of anonymously-contribute
d
by Anonymous (Paperback - 14 Dec 2010)
8.99