5.0 out of 5 stars A great help
This book is a really good and practical guide to this disorder. It coveted exactly what I needed to know and discussed all the different drug options and behavioural options. I haven't read anything more helpful or informative as yet.

Easy to read. Lots of tips and information and resources for more.
Published 17 months ago by melodyjane666

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad to know others are going through holding stools!
Published 21 months ago by Mrs. K. A. Biles

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad to know others are going through holding stools!, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Scared to Poop: A Guide to Overcoming Constipation and Stool Withholding in Children (Paperback)
I bought this book because my 4yr old daughter holds her poo's, anything from 6 days up to 9 days!!! I came across this book on amazon and quickly ordered it thinking it would help me to help my daughter not be scared to poo. I already knew what I had to do re diet, exercise, specific times on the toilet but I wanted help with the mental side, making her understand that it wont hurt if she poo's more often and the medication makes it soft. The chapter on the "BIG TALK" didn't help me unfortunately. It was everything I already say.

It is an informative book with lots of information on different types of medication/laxatives and the risks of holding stools. It is really nice to know other people are going through it. I read the first chapter and thought OMG this is what is happening to us.

If you are the type of person to research things on the computer you will probably know most of what the book tells you but still it is nice to know other people are going through it and you may pick up a tip.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great help, 13 Nov. 2013

Easy to read. Lots of tips and information and resources for more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 29 Jun. 2012
If you are looking to find out how to deal with psychological aspects of the problem, this book will not be very helpful. However it gives a lot of information about physiological side of it and gives plenty of advice on diet and exercise. Overall an interesting and informative book.