5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any vintage styled girl.
i love this book! it starts with the basics and works up it has some beautiful pictures and has plenty of classic styles to try.it also has a small section about accessories and make up which i found very useful. i would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in vintage/ rockabilly style.
Published on 17 Dec 2010 by gloomcookie

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but expensive
Got this for my daughter who is a hairdresser for christmas and it is lovely but it is only paperback so I feel it was too expensive
Published 18 months ago by Tigger's Mum

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any vintage styled girl., 17 Dec 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Say goodbye to Bad Hair days!, 16 Feb 2011
K. Eva "Truffle Searcher" (Finland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles With M (Paperback)
fast delivery & the book was much better than I expected.Clear instructions on what you need & good step by step instructions on how to make the hair-do's. How did I manage to live without it until now?

5.0 out of 5 stars Pin Curls Work!, 20 May 2011
L. Newnham (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles With M (Paperback)
Loved this book, had my eye on it for a while and was rewarded with it as birthday present. Always loved the vintage styling, lean towards the 50's myself at that seems to suit me best but love 20's through 60's so it was great to see the beehive and finger wave's.
As a non-hairdresser I found the instructions great and can now give my hair volume and curls, no mean feat when it's poker straight. Do need a little more practice with the pin curls, went to bed one night with just pin curls and setting lotion, (which is brilliant by the way) and woke up with a mass of curls that didn't drop at first brush through, in fact lasted till next wash... slight technical hitch in they went every which way as first time out didn't run all curl in right direction but managed to work it out with a hot brush and it was the best result for curls on my hair EVER and all without mass's of modern product.
The styles do take time, but well worth it, and great bit about the make up at back. You don't have to go the whole hog for everyday wear but bits can be adapted for a more modern look or do an exact copy if going out on a specific event. My actual hairdresser also loved it as she can look and see how to do a do for me if I wish.
Can't wait for her next book about make-up to come out.
It's expensive but brilliant buy, lovely to look at as well as being informative

4.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS, 6 Jan 2012
A. stephenson (england) - See all my reviews
LOVED this book!
If you're like me you have tried endless you tube videos to no avail!
I put off buying this for quite some time as I thought it was a tad expensive just for hair styles but I decided to treat myself and I'm so glad I did.
There is a whole range of styles from 1920's to the 1960's, and all have a detailed picture `stage by stage' lay out.
I even came across my wedding hair do!!!!
Only downside is you need quite a few bits like tongs, pins, heat rollers ect for the majority of styles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 22 May 2011
This review is from: Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles With M (Paperback)
Every type of hairstyle is covered!!! you can do it yourself, and this book shows you how!!!

A must have for the vintage gal.

5.0 out of 5 stars finally!, 1 Feb 2011
This review is from: Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles With M (Paperback)
So relieved to have a really practical book on this subject after years of searching. I thought the book itself was laid out beautifully and the photographs of finished styles were really inspiring. The individual shots of each step of the style are clear and easy to follow and the period it spans is great, to include 20's pincurling through to 60's beehives.
It was nice to have some more unusual and difficult styles included as so many books on the subject are a little 'safe'. The most useful section of the book, I found, was the comprehensive instruction on the various bases and sets that are essential foundations for sucessful vintage styles. I now feel a lot more knowledgable and confident about experimenting with styles outside of my victory roll comfort zone!

5.0 out of 5 stars glamour to work towards, 14 Jan 2011
This review is from: Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles With M (Paperback)
Good book - well layed out and with good photos and descriptions illustrating how to acheive the styles featured. I'm rubbish at hair but i'm now armed with instructions, some good hair products and the essential heated rollers (you will need stuff)! If i fail it will be down to me not the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for all vintage vixens!, 25 Feb 2012
This review is from: Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles With M (Paperback)
This is a truly stunning book and I've never come across one like it. I first saw it mentionned in the 2nd volume of the Burlesque Bible. Not exactly cheap but if you love vintage style or even just take a little inspiration from it like me then this is the quintessential guide to how to style your hair. I've always struggled with retro hairstyling and have tried following namy youtube vids but haven't has much luck. This book outlines step by step and very concisely all the tips and tricks to be able to perfect these styles. It does admit though that many styles do take practise but it's well worth it and there are some simple styles too. There's a huge variety too I was at first a little worried that there may not be many styles in the book but I'm spoilt for choice. There's the bonus of tips on how to do your makeup and nails to match your hair too. I can't even sum everything up this is like a bible! I feel so glamorous with my new do right now and I've received so many compliments and admiring stares!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles With M (Paperback)
An very good book lots of helpfull pictures and information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles With M (Paperback)
This book is very helpful for who is doing the hairdressing course. I had a competition at my college and I got lots of ideas from this book, teasing, back combing, setting etc...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles With M
Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles With M by Lauren Rennells (Paperback - 2009)
Used & New from: 25.99