5.0 out of 5 stars Great Technical Book., 19 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu: The Closed Guard (Book of Knowledge) (Paperback)
This book of Knowledge is fantastic. It's really well thought out with all types of moves and holds being put in their own sections (eg. Armbars, Triangles, Arm Triangles, Omoplatas, Sweeps). It really is very thorough and teaches you how to use the Closed Guard very offensively. Just recently I was starting to lose love for the closed guard thinking it ties you to your opponent to much but this book really has altered that perception. The sheer depth of holds and subs on offer here and the detail BJ goes into to describe them is brilliant. The pictures are all colour with the two demonstrators (BJ and Dave Camarillo) wearing different colour Gi's for ease of visualisation. All in all and great book to help enhance your guard game. I personally hope he does another Book of Knowledge for Top Control.

5.0 out of 5 stars One you've got to have, 10 Nov. 2009
T. Emery (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This book was recommended for me now I feel I must do the same for you. I've been terrorizing people of the same grade as me and putting a look of panic on the faces of the higher grades.
I've been training in BJJ for about two years. I've got a lot of the BJJ books sold on Amazon. This book is the best of the lot. Excellent photos and descriptions of stuff that you can use and make work straight away. I just hope that this book of knowledge series continues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 31 Jan. 2011
I have been training in BJJ for a couple of years now and have to say that this book is very well put together and very informative.

I use this book as a book to refer to after training and as a book to train from.

The pictures and descriptions are clear and easy to follow unlike other books on the subject.

Both in solo training and rolling on the mats I have improved since Christmas when I got the book. By far this is the best BJJ book I own !!!!!!

In summary this book makes sense!

If you are a BJJ expert then maybe it won't teach you anything but to a novice lke me or an intermediate read it you will learn something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need some ideas for closed guard?....look no further., 19 Nov. 2011
M Harrison (Uk) - See all my reviews
I bought this book to further my closed guard game and I was not disappointed . I already have a grasp of submissions and sweeps from the closed guard, but this book shows other ways to pass,sweep or submit. Clear concise colour photo's and text make this book easy to read and use. Ideal for beginners or intermediate BJJ practitioner's.

5.0 out of 5 stars BJPenn, 23 April 2012
This book has really helped me with the closed guard. Loads of armbars and triangles, sweeps and omaplatas illustrated here. BJ teaches how to use all your strengths from the bottom.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book!, 18 Dec. 2012
I got this book when i first started BJJ, it has lots of solid fundamentals of BJJ. It was very useful for me at the time and still something i go back to read every now and again.

Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu: The Closed Guard (Book of Knowledge)
Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu: The Closed Guard (Book of Knowledge) by Erich Krauss (Paperback - 1 Sept. 2009)
Used & New from: £48.47