Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 March 2015
This book is unbelievable. The quality of the pictures and the write up/descriptions makes it an absolute must. It really is an education and starts in all the right places with solid defence. I cannot believe how good this book in content and structure - there is everything you could possibly wish to know including the flashier stuff! Absolutely brilliant - I am engrossed in it at the moment
on 23 January 2015
Got this for my girlfriend to help her on her jits journey (at the recommendation of a friend as being one of the better books out there)

Kinda wishing I didn't to be honest...looking through the book - it's got everything - all separated by belt level with excellent instruction and illustration. I don't think it'll be all that long before she's choking me out :/
on 28 August 2013
I had one 40 min lesson in BJJ fell in love with the sport, bought this book: I like the pictures. the way its written makes a lot of sense and its broken down into belts so i should know what to expect when i finally start for real, alternativly if i never find the time or if i ever take the red pill; the knowledge is in there for me to use.
on 2 July 2012
When this book came I was very suprised at the size of it. Its a very detalied book with lots of pictures from all angles.

I myself have just started out in BJJ and have found this book to be very helpfull, it goes all the way from white belt to black.

I would definatly recommend this book!!
on 20 January 2016
There are plenty of great reviews for this book already, so when I bought it I knew exactly what to expect, and it didn't disappoint. I'm in the very early 'survival' stages at the moment. Rubbish cover, excellent content, if you do jiu jitsu, then buy this, it will be of great help to you in your training.
on 13 January 2013
I have to admit, this is one of the best books if you want to learn techniques of Brazilian jiu jitsu. I thought I know enough, but after reading the book I noticed things there still much much more to learn. I am very pleased with the book and recommend for everyone interested in jiu jitsu to read it. 5 star!
on 8 September 2014
Probably a good book. I did not try some of the techniques and some I tried, did not increase my skills or knowledge as when you are sparring you are reacting to what is happening to.nice clear photos though. Saulo is a very high level bjj practitioner so I guess it was me that was not very good
on 12 June 2013
I have found this book very useful so far. Especially helping my defence. A great aid to my training, Have tried a few things here that I haven't been taught in class and pulled some of them off. Also helps me get the fine detail that I might otherwise forget. Great book.
on 8 January 2014
This is an excellent educational resource and manual. The photography is excellent. All the angles are carefully chosen to show you how the techniques are performed. Have never done BJJ but this is invaluable for Judo and BJJ practitioners. Well done.
on 7 June 2014
I am happy with this product, it is useful best education tool suitable for serious fighting student. This is best example book to read and help you to learn and improve your martial art defence skills.

Worth recommended quality buy