5.0 out of 5 stars Give you focus and motavation...
Really like the way this book (kindle version) is written. You read one chapter everyday (2 pages) & it helps you to focus on the things you really want to get done. Pretty simple advice but looking at it everyday, does help inspire you. Been recommended some other books but glad I chose this one first.
Published 7 months ago by Rena Barrington

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Very nice anecdotes quoted...that alone was the reason why I bought the book! Overall, the book it OK.
Published 1 month ago by Branko Ilic

5.0 out of 5 stars Give you focus and motavation..., 1 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars I Wish I Could Pass on All This Life Knowledge to my Children, 10 Aug 2010
Chris Downing "Chris Downing" (Chippenham, Wilts England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Achieve Anything in Just One Year: Be Inspired Daily to Live Your Dreams and Accomplish Your Goals (Paperback)
This is a book chock full of the sorts of things I would like to know and be able to pass on to others. I'd love to be a life guru like this. Rather than give a life style how-to list, a change you attitude sort of approach, Jason has built a resource library in one book that can either give you a thought and action for the day, or a set of daily tasks and thoughts that could fill a week of focused activity in one topic. Either way you'll be improving and learning.

The whole book is rather like having some wise old guru on hand to ask when you need some guidence. Although it's not too easy to find guidence on exactly what you want (no index and no contents page) it's a sort of pick it up, read a page and act on whatever you read sort of approach. Which for me really works better than constantly thinking - I need to read more of the book before acting - you know the sort of book I mean - you have to read 300 pages before you feel you know enough to start changing anything at all.

Day One is about writing down your dream life. Just done that (after having had the book for a month and just dipping in) and you know what - I don't think I've ever seen so clearly what I wnat to work towards and what I need to focus on, for quite a while. Try it now - write down the ten big things you want to achieve in the next ten years. Mine included a £35k car, straighten out the house so it looks great, earn twice as much and spend it on trips to Tennessee and the Med. Pass some exams I want, clear out my business focus so I deal with only people I like, and become a much better friend. Improve my golf handicap to 7 from 17, lose 20 lbs and get to be a fit 63 yr old. Do more party and function preformances and less teaching, and keep an action diary - plan and act - to make it all happen.

The next task (Day Two) is to look at how I'm spending my time right now. And I bet I'm spending a lot of it on activities that don't deliver the dream-list above. Planning, plotting, action, and change needed I suspect.

So in summary - a very practical, action orientated, book that doesn't take long to read - after all, you should be doing a page a day and taking action - and as far as I can see, it can only have good outcomes. Who wouldn't want a method of focusing on what they really want out of life; that's organised into 365 pages of thought and action? No fast fixes, or sudden changes in attitude - but you know what - I think this method will work better than the instant fix method. Not a cheap book - but you'll be using it for years, so over five years (by which time you'll need another to replace your tatty copy) it will cost you 1p a day. (Ha-ha. OK. OK. I used to be in sales - but that doesn't mean that isn't true does it? No, I don't know the author either!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, 10 Mar 2013
This book is unlike any other I've read, its positive and the quotes on the top of each page are really enlightening. I'm doing the year task (on day four so far so a while to go) and although it hasn't changed my life right away, its given me little steps into having a more positive mindset. I really like it and am really impressed !

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 5 Jun 2013
I found this book lifted the mood and helped to inspire me the quotes on the start of each chapter helped me to think about life

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 20 Feb 2012
I received this as a gift from a friend, and it has totally changed my outlook on life. Lacking structure in my life, as well as self-discipline and confidence, I was my own worst enemy. Using this great book as a blueprint to success, I have been able to not only set realistic goals for myself, but to achieve these goals as well. I highly recommend this to anyone on a journey of self-discovery. You truly can unlock the power within you to make your dreams come true. 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for generating creative thinking, 13 Jan 2013
K. Kerby (Tonbridge, Kent) - See all my reviews
I like this book. It is one of those books you keep, in my case on my kindle, and dip into when you are on your lunch break or waiting in the car for your child or waiting for your take away. On the other hand it is also a book to keep by your bed side and read a chapter a night and make notes about thoughts, dreams and desires that you want to see materializing in your life in the future. It doesn't skim the surface, the content taps into deep thoughts and feelings which can be the root to making 2013 - and beyond - the year you hope it to be. If you have a close friend who is on your wavelength it can be the perfect book to read together and share ideas etc. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps you stay happy!, 21 Feb 2012
This was recommended to me by my sister in law as she has suffered previously with anxiety and as I have been suffering post natal depression she thought it could help me find my old self. To be honest she has read so many self help books and I was expecting more of the same but this book wasn't what I was expecting and for all the right reasons!. My sister in law has found it inspiring as have I. It's like having a guide to motivate you daily to do extra little things that all make a big difference in the long run. This book has made a world of difference to us and no matter how busy or stressed everyone can take five minutes out of their day. It's not at all overwhelming and it's easy to read and helps you stay happy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration in 365 lessons, 15 Jun 2014
Stephen Green (Uttoxeter, Staffs. UK) - See all my reviews
The book captivates from the introduction onwards, by explaining how you have the power of decision over your own life. The most fundamental lesson of the book is to keep a journal. I understand the resistance to that. "What if somebody reads it?" Fine providing you also read it. "I am ashamed of my lousy handwriting". This is not a book for people who are so easily stopped.
The book does give a seemingly low threshold of entry for lazy readers or busy people, in that it seems to ask very little of you. Just read a page a day with each day beginning with an inspiring quote and in 365 days your life will be transformed. However, whilst I see the power of this book, I don't believe it works in the way the author suggests. I don't believe many people are disciplined enough to read a page a day every day for a year. If you keep a diary do you write in it every single day on the day or are you sometimes filling in the gaps later or skipping a day or two? The second part is even more demanding, which is acting on it. The demands of each day are very variable from a moment of quiet reflection to a massive action and the implication is once and done rather than persistent and consistent action towards a single goal or a narrow spread of objectives. Your day may be entirely unsuited to the action requested.
As I coach only people who are prepared to read in between coaching sessions, I have fashioned an idea about for whom the book is best suited. Sometimes people are full of energy and talent but don't know what, where, why, how, who or any of Mr Kipling's exceedingly good questions. The book provides a variety of mini experiments to try out for size. The kindle is quite good for this book in that it is definitely a book you should be making notes and highlights for. My own choice has been to summarize each day into a short action point, customised from the page to suit myself. The book has a weakness in that you cannot reasonably apply the lesson on the given day. Eg Day 108. Attempt the impossible and analyse how you got on. I have no quarrel with that accept how do you know that day 108 will throw up the opportunity? However, day 73 or day 119 might have been perfect days for pushing through a perceived boundary. This is why I went through the book summarizing the key points to conduct experiments in order of suitability. A ten minute read will then give a range of tasks so today might be a day where you give anonymously or unleash your fantasy ideas.

Where the book is strong is that it is written clearly and excitingly by a talented coach, although the mock seal on the cover bearing Oprah's name with a quote is seemingly trying to suggest an endorsement of the book. It has a powerful content if followed to produce great results through large and small changes. If you are dedicating the gift to yourself of a special year, I make two recommendations. 1) Buddy up with somebody else, as you will need support to get the best out of the book. 2) Use another book as your guide, having chosen your main goal or goals, as this book is not correctly structured for goals as such. It is more suited to random self-discoveries, adventures and analysis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Motivator/Kindle Format is Excellent, 19 Feb 2012
This has been a fab book for my Kindle, a way of carrying good vibes with me wherever I go. Because the book is designed to be read each day, I could take the information and incorporate it into my life at a manageable pace. Yes, I did cheat and look ahead as well--but that's the beauty of the book--it's not your typical self-help book that has lots of ideas but very little focus. You can dip in and actually put some of the practices in place. Although I am often sceptical about self-improvement books, I am so glad that I took a leap of faith with this one. I found this book to be extremely helpful. Highly recommended to all of us achievers out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Step by step motivation, 10 May 2014
Recently I have been getting into self improvement. I think motivation plays a massive part in this. One needs to constantly motivate oneself, push oneself to get better. In 'Achieve anything in just one year' you get exactly that. A 365 day plan, taking you day by day offering motivation advice and tasks to keep you on track. I haven't quite finished the whole book but read ahead anyway.I still read each 'day' every day. I love the motivational quotes and the days are kept short and snappy. If you need a helping hand to be the person you want to be this book will help you. A book I read each day so 5 stars from me!