5.0 out of 5 stars Great version of the classic
I had been meaning to read Sun Tzu's Art of War for some time, seeing loose quotes from it appear in various places (mostly the Total War games).
When I started looking around to get the book, i was confronted with litteraly dozens of versions of the text reaching from plain text translations to "self-help motivational" versions that have barely anything to do with...
Published on 14 Dec 2010 by Tom

3.0 out of 5 stars Timeless wisdom spoiled by lack lustre editorial commentary
I very much enjoyed Sun Tzu's timeless pearls of wisdom though I wouldn't agree that they are a panacea for all the ills of business and/or personal life. However, I was more disappointed with Cleary's editorial commentary of the translated text. I often found him simply reiterating the text, albeit in a more verbose and gramatically correct form. He seemed to presume...
Published on 6 Feb 2001

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 14 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A present., 19 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Art of War (Paperback)
I just brought the book for a relative going through RAF training. I read the introduction and the core principles on the first few pages or so and even those were interesting to say the least.
I don't doubt at some point I will probably get a copy for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is an old book on High Emotional Intelligence, 5 Nov 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: The Art of War (Paperback)
Many of the suggestions and explanations are to be used by a person with high emotional Intelligence, for example when it mentions that the commander (president or manager) qualifications should be: wisdom, knowledge of himself, being tranquil, self-discipline, able to control his anger (not easily angered), not hasty to act, not arrogant ; many of these qualities are part of the many attributes of high emotional Intelligence; thus this is another way to point us in the right direction to learn how to manage our co-associates (co-workers) better and obtain a good re-Engineering in the business place. Good luck and see you at the top

4.0 out of 5 stars Wrong order but not a regretable mistake., 29 July 2013
This review is from: The Art of War (Paperback)
I intended upon ordering The War Of Art by another author, but I soon realised that I had ordered the wrong book on its arrival.
Scanning through this short book I've learned and come across some great stuff, and it deserves a spot on my book shelf for sure!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 2 April 2013
This review is from: The Art of War (Paperback)
The book is not what i expected for instance it is very thin and small more resembling a pamphlet than a book. It consists of 57 pages, i expected more. However, the information within in the book is concise, although it is in bullet point form. I had rather hoped it would be more depth. All in All for the price of the product it would be good for someone who wants brief and to the point version of the art of war.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin book, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Art of War (Paperback)
I was quite surprised how thin this book is. I've heard the name many times and was expecting a large Tome. I havent read it yet so dont know what its like, however the service on delivery was great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 17 Jun 2009
Mr. Ian Buchan (UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered this for my teenage son and it said it had the original Chinese text in it, but if it was there it was in invisible ink as the pages where it should have been were all blank!

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 12 July 2014
This review is from: The Art of War (Paperback)
Terrible, cheap and nasty little book. Consider challenging yourself with something that isn't quite so reader friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 July 2014
Good

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful in parts, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Art of War (Paperback)
This book is hard to read. Most of the language is old fashioned. It may be difficult to understand for the less cultured of peoples. Having said that you will still learn a lot about warfare and how it can effectively be practiced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great title, 29 May 2013
This review is from: The Art of War (Paperback)
Even though I had to wait ages before I finally got my hands on this book, I can confidently say it was worth the wait.

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 14 | Next ›

The Art of War
The Art of War by Sun Tzu (Paperback - 11 Feb 2009)