5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent biography, 17 Mar 2014
drglos (Gloucester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Choynski Chronicles: A Biography of Hall of Fame Boxer Jewish Joe Choynski (Hardcover)
This is a large, well presented and detailed book covering all aspects of Choynski’s life and career. Other greats of the period like Corbett, Jackson, Fitz, Jeffries and Johnson are all intertwined with Choynski and get plenty of coverage. A very well written book with lots of pictures that I hadn’t seen before .... the author really did some serious research. A bit pricey but you get 745 pages for your money, with a further 50 pages listing sources, index etc. One of the best Boxing biographies I have ever read and I can’t recommend this book highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would highly recommend this book it stands proudly on my bookshelf, 9 July 2014
G. P. Rasch - See all my reviews
Truly an outstanding book that my father purchased for me as a present.

Looking at the size of the book I was at first apprehensive it's huge.

Once I started reading those fears disapated, the books detail of Choynskis life is outstanding as is that of his opponents. The book comes with illustrations I've never seen before and are absolutely incredible.

The cover price for this book is high but it's in Hardback with high quality paper illustrations and as stated at the beginning of this review huge around 800 pages long.

I would highly recommend this book it stands proudly on my bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Aug 2014