5.0 out of 5 stars George MadDonald Treasury - compendium of his works
I bought this collection wanting to re-read Lilith, as research for a piece I was working on. This collection has everything you might want in terms of reading MacDonald's work. He was cited as an influence by Tolkien and C. S. Lewis. It's easy to see why. If you write literary fantasy, or read it, this book will be a worth addition to your library.
Published 17 months ago by S Constantine

1.0 out of 5 stars Not about the content, but the format
The typeface used in this books is tiny, so much so that I think I can only read it comfortably with a magnifying glass - and I don't suffer from poor vision. The book is also very large and unwieldy, so not one for curling up with in the armchair or taking with you on a train journey. I'm off to look for his stories in more eye/travel-friendly editions.
Published on 3 July 2010 by J. Marriott

1.0 out of 5 stars Not about the content, but the format, 3 July 2010
J. Marriott "wee_jints" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: George MacDonald Treasury, The Princess and the Goblin, Princess and Curdie, Light Princess, Phantastes, Giant's Heart, At the Back of the North Wind, Golden Key, and Lilith (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars George MadDonald Treasury - compendium of his works, 9 Feb 2013
S Constantine (Stafford, Staffs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Collection, 19 Feb 2014
When recently reading Scottish Fantasy Literature - A Critical Survey by Colin Manlove I found myself back with writers I had known and loved since childhood and discovered others I wanted to know more about. George MacDonald is among the latter. I ordered this collection soon after, because it includes so many wonderful stories of his. Loving fairy tales it kept me happy for hours, by turns laughing and thoughtful. It is also fascinating to read stories cherished by JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis. To understand more fully why the Shire was scoured, why the profoundest fairy tales have ambivalent endings at best.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterwork, 2 Aug 2009
R. Lavallee "TheJDMBA" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Absolute treasure, can see why Tolkien and Lewis considered him a master. Amazing amount of stories in one volume.