5.0 out of 5 stars More means less of me, and more of God., 18 April 2015
This review is from: QUEST FOR MORE LIVING FOR SOMETHING BIG (Paperback)
This is the best book I've seen on finding your life's purpose.

Of course, there are Christian books that purport to do so; but this one is different. Very different. You won't see any worksheets where you can enter your dream, list your goals, and establish timelines for achieving them. They're not there because they're unrelated to achieving your true purpose.

Tripp starts by saying that God didn't create us to live for ourselves. Of course, such an idea is hugely unpopular in our world. Even those who preach the "health & wealth" gospel want us to believe that this is true. Instead, the author says that God sent His Son to take us from our little kingdom and welcome us into His own.

Our kingdom is filled with our dreams, our goals, and our plans. It's our quest. Tripp says, however, that to do that is to allow our life to shrink to the size of that life, and that in so doing we deny our humanity.

I found this book to be deeply humbling. I had no idea how easy it was to think that I was seeking God's kingdom first when in reality I was only pretending.

This book will reveal your own selfishness like nothing I've ever come across; nevertheless, it's a message that we all need to hear.

According to Tripp, this is THE battle. It lies at the root of all other spiritual battles.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 11 May 2014
This was a brilliant book. Easy to understand, challenging, encouraging, engaging, God-focussed. It really made me want to live for something more. Want to live for a greater kingdom than my own small, sin filled, failing kingdom and live for Gods kingdom which is full of joy and blessings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Nov. 2014
Excellent book on true Christian living - challenging but encouraging

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Oct. 2014
Excellent in every way MANY THANKS!!!

QUEST FOR MORE  LIVING FOR SOMETHING BIG
QUEST FOR MORE LIVING FOR SOMETHING BIG by PAUL DAVID TRIPP (Paperback - 5 Sept. 2008)