5.0 out of 5 stars A baby is almost guaranteed if you read this book
Published on 4 Dec. 2007 by Janice Emerson

3.0 out of 5 stars The Science behind the Facts
The book has a high scientific and technical content but notwithstanding that, it is quite insightful and easy to follow.

I have read a few personal experience books where the Women involved were having difficulty concieving had been told that there bodies were producing "killer cells" which ultimately were attacking their bodies and their pregnancies. This did...
Published on 29 July 2009 by Mrs. Rl Clark

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A baby is almost guaranteed if you read this book, 4 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Is Your Body Baby-Friendly?: Unexplained Infertility, Miscarriage and IVF Failure, Explained (Paperback)
If your best friend was a book it would be this one. Dr Beer describes in easy to understand words how the immune system can go into overkill in some women. The result is miscarriage, IVF failure and infertility. But these outcomes can be prevented with the right tests and treatments. I read this book and found it technical when necessary but with lots of human interest stories and studies to back everything up. The authors did a good job making this book accessible to ordinary women and also credible for when they take it to show their doctors. It is not dry like the other reviewer said, it is factual and makes a complex subject understandable. The book is ahead of its time and will make infertility and miscarriage a far less frequent event if only it was more widely known to the medical profession. I had twins as a result of Dr Beer's treatments. I wasted many years and many $ thousands consulting with narrow minded doctors before finding him. I recommend this book with all my heart to all those women who were once suffering like I was. The tests and treatments are out there and this book tells you where to find them.
I wrote this review for Amazon.com but as I have friends in the UK who have also been successful through the Sheffield and Nottingham Care clinic and ARGC in London (who all provide immune treatment) I am posting it here too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on pregnancy loss out there, 4 Dec. 2007
Lizzie1999 (Winchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I had three miscarriages before I found this book. After blood tests and a course of treatment I conceived and carried to term for the first time in 5 years. This book is the best ever written on the subject and all doctors should have a copy. IVF does not prevent miscarriage, it just makes it more expensive. Save yourself from more heartache and pain and read this book. Infertility, IVF failure and miscarriage happen for a reason and now you can discover what it is and get treatment to stop it happening again. I now have two beautiful baby boys.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great and a must for all !!, 8 July 2013
Hi To All,

This book was great!! It's a mind changer and a must for all that had failed IVF's.

Tx Dr Beer, your work is not unnoticed:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Nov. 2010
M. A. Quinn - See all my reviews
I was advised by women to buy this book for work as I work in a fertility clinic and seeing that this kind of medicine was very new to me I took their advice. The book is very informative and clear to understand. Anyone trying to conceive without any luck will find this book gives clear reasons and answers for fertitlity problems. It is of great help into understand the very delicate balance of fertility. It's also a book that any woman can read and also would be good info for any woman wishing to start a family. A+ book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 16 May 2014
This book has taken me on a totally different direction for my fertility treatment and my research has ended up in my contacting the European leaders in IVF in Greece. So happy I bought this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good find, 15 July 2010
For anyone who's been told that the reason for them not conceiving, naturally or assisted, was just 'unlucky', after many years of trying like my husband and I, don't listen to them. Buy this book and find out that there may just be other explanations why we still aren't hearing the bitter patter of tiny feet which we so long for.
There are quite a few medical terms which go over my head, but I still understand the basis of what Alan Beer is informing us.
After reading this book it has encouraged me to go out there and do something about it, instead of waiting for my so called 'luck' to change!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars worth it, 30 Sept. 2013
Told me a lot about all the tests I can have and what evidence backs them up. I'm now awaiting a nk biopsy with siobahn quenby in Coventry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book. A must-read if you are thinking about IVF or have had even 1 failed IVF or pregnancy, 4 Dec. 2010
I have never taken the time to write any kind of online review before, however, after stumbling across this book whilst conducting my own research on IVF, I can see it has been written by a very caring fertility expert to help many women out there in a similar situation to myself; women who are trying so desperately to fulfil their greatest wish, not knowing why they are failing and often being dismissed by the medical profession.

The book has certainly been written from a medical perspective with all the terminology, yet at the same time it manages to be very informal. Don't be put off! Keep your concentration by digesting just a few chapters at a time and you will find it a fascinating and eye-opening read. I have marked so many pages that I want to refer back to.

After one failed IVF embryo transfer - a devastating experience no different to a miscarriage in the emotions it produces - I have actually learned through this book (not from my fertility specialist or embryologist!)that I am automatically in a high-risk category for possible immune reactions to accepting and carrying a pregnancy. I am therefore going to follow the advice of Dr Beer and seek the appropriate immunology tests before I try for my next embryo transfer. Had this been identified prior to commencing treatment for my first embryo transfer, it may well have made the difference between success and failure to implant.

Since we prepare to sacrifice many things and often all our life-savings in the unstoppable quest to experience the wonders of parenthood, I would strongly advise anyone to read this book and investigate the immune tests, if relevant. It really is a very small price to pay for something so great. Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 27 Feb. 2013
This book is a great basic to ivf and immunes. I found this book extremely supportive when i went through failed ivf. It also helped me understand that there was a reason why my cycles were not working. Hopefully now i know what i need the next cycle will work!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has given us hope!, 4 Oct. 2012
After 4 years, 3 miscarriages, 1 ectopic, a blighted ovum and a round of failed IVF we were losing hope, 2 days after the failed IVF I read this book from cover to cover and it seemed that the book was talking about me. Only a few IVF clinics in the country will offer the Natural Killer cells test, ours wasn't one however I did have a foward thinking consultant who referred me to DR Siobhan Quenby, a specialist consultant who indeed found that I have a massively high level of these natural killer cells. I have been prescribed Steriods when I have my next IVF (ISCI), I'm glad I found this book when i did.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›