5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Had everything we needed for our weekend in Salzburg, with dash of humour thrown in..., 5 Jun 2014
The book is deceptive - at first sight it appeared a little 'lacking in authority' compared to other guide books we've used. Don't be fooled! We used the book the entire weekend - the Salzburg walking tour was fabulous, and all the practical details like entry times, costs etc were bang up to date, and the directions were spot on. Lots of items of interest all the way round and little snippets that made us feel like we had the inside track. We used the Sound of Music tour also - brilliant, really brought it to life!
The rest of our holiday was spent in the Salzburg Lake District and the guide notes to towns we visited were excellent, especially the section on Hallstatt, which we followed almost to the letter and saw everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for your visit to Salzburg, 28 Jun 2014
My wife and I just returned home from Salzburg , where we used this guidebook extensively . One of the most finely researched books on Salzburg, I can definitely say that the book saved me a lot of money and i could judiciously use my limited time to visit sight- seeing places. The books beautifully covers Salzburg and the Sound Of Music Tour. The book also leads you for some great day trips outside Salzburg -Werfen ( Ice Caves) , Salt Mines and also links you to the Author's book on another masterpiece 'Berchesgarden '. This book is a must have. I was just wondering as to why one needs to take a costly tour when all one need to do is to buy this wonderfully researched book .I promise u that u will return home knowledgable and with saved dollars in your pocket. Go ahead. Pick up a copy .

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any SOM fan, 12 Jun 2014
Clearly written with good tips on how to get the best out of Salzburg. We did all the walking tour for SOM and found it accurate, amusing & interesting. I was able to hand it over to my daughter & she showed the way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information for proposed Salzburg visit, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Salzburg, Lake District & The Sound of Music - 2013 edition (Paperback)
I took a chance on selecting this guide as I wanted to visit the lakes near Salzburg. This guide had everything I wanted including public transport information etc..

5.0 out of 5 stars Written by a local, 6 Mar 2014
Great to have a travel guide written by someone with a wealth of knowledge about Salzburg. Everything was correct including buses and timings. Couldn't have asked for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars No nonsence guidebook, 24 Feb 2014
Great DIY pocket Guidebook written by someone who knows the area backwards. Lots of tips on places to visit and eat

5.0 out of 5 stars I like his approach, 27 May 2013
I like the guy's approach.
It sets you up for self guided tours better than I've seen before.
That's pretty much all it does. No gloss, no "other information", but entertaining & easy to use when you're there

Salzburg, Lake District & The Sound of Music - 2013 edition
Salzburg, Lake District & The Sound of Music - 2013 edition by Brett Harriman (Paperback - 19 April 2013)
Used & New from: 3,867.42