5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, someone on the same page as me, 16 Oct 2009
B. Coughlan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformational Weight Loss (Paperback)
There's only so much a book can do when it comes to weight loss, but for me, this is the best it could be.

I've tried the whole self-control thing. In fact I've been on an unsuccessful diet for about 8 years. It wasn't until recently that I realised that what you eat is a function of your mind, not your body. It's your mind that decides when and what to eat, and binge eating etc is the symptom, not the disease. This was a revelation to me, but when I went looking for people who knew this, I found nothing.

I'm absolutely overjoyed to finally find someone who knows this, and has seen it through to become a healthy person. Reading this book, it's like Eisenstein took the words right out of my head and put them on the page, and then said "hey, it doesn't have to be this way, here's another way". He knows just the way I think and feel about food and knows the way out (after reading The Ascent of Humanity I'm starting to suspect him and I live some sort of parallel lives!)

It is our natural state to be healthy, and to fix our relationship with food. It's not something that you don't have, it's something you need to get rid of. Eisenstein gets this, and for me this is like the guru on a path that has recently opened up for me.

It uses the simplest, plainest language, making it accessible to all. He says at one point that he won't allow the reader to make it a difficult process.

Highly recommended to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Transformational Weight Loss (Paperback)
Understand and change your mind/thoughts/emotions and driving forces, the book opens a door into your psyche and helps you to know what is motivating your actions rather than setting you on a path of denial.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 17 July 2014
Good

Transformational Weight Loss
Transformational Weight Loss by Charles Eisenstein (Paperback - 10 Oct 2007)
8.00