5.0 out of 5 stars Useful handbook for agile teams, 20 Dec 2006
Ms. Rachel C. Davies (Rugby, Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great (Pragmatic Programmers) (Paperback)
At last we have a book available that gives tips and advice on facilitating end of iteration retrospectives. Esther Derby and Diana Larsen are recognised experts in this field and have gathered knowledge from the international community of retrospective facilitators and presented it in an accessible format for readers new to facilitation.

The book will be really useful to agile coaches and team leads who want to apply retrospectives in their teams. A variety of exercises are described so that your retrospectives won't get boring and will continue to reveal process improvements that help your team optimize their process and stay sharp. This will become a well-thumbed trusty reference for agile teams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make Your Retrospectives ZING!, 9 Nov 2013
As a Scrum Trainer and Contract Scrum Master, I regularly look for new ways to enliven Scrum Retrospectives. This book is my start point. It not only contains some fantastic ideas, it sets my mind free to think of alternatives that I can use.

Keeping Sprint Retrospectives engaging and useful is pivotal to helping a Scrum Team to continuously improve. This book will help you do that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read for new Scrum Masters, 8 May 2013
V. Wiggins - See all my reviews
I found this useful, I think it will take me a while to try some of the ideas but I've defiantly changed some of the way I facilitate these meetings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goog resource for facilitating team activities, 6 May 2013
This book gives lots of practical advice for facilitating retrospectives but also facilitating meetings in general. In covers in detail techniques to use for getting information and analysis activities. It also covers how to control larger groups. Next week I'm facilitating a meeting of 20 people and I'm very pleased to get this kind of practical advice. I'm going to use the techniques described and I feel much more confident about the exercise that I'm going to do. I'd recommend this book to new facilitators however I'm sure that people with experience would learn something new too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worn, often loaned, a prized guide :), 21 April 2009
This is my standard reference for Agile Retrospectives which continues to remain practical and useful over the 2 - 3 years I've been facilitating (and joining) retrospectives. I have brightly coloured post-its scattered throughout my copy as reminders to many of the techniques and ideas I use regularly...

I've lent the book to other people who facilitate retrospectives and they also found it helpful.

Thank you to the authors for this great book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars good reference book., 14 Oct 2014
Works well as a cookbook for ideas to grt you started. You can get additional ideas off the net.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to make your scrum better, 28 April 2009
This book is just good. It can't be the other way. I have it on my desk, next to another book waiting for a full review and I wonder if I will manage to read it before the meeting where I will have to give it away to a lucky winner. I already envy him or her. Should I ask O'Reilly for my own copy?

Returning to the matter, this book is just about what it says in the title - agile retrospectives. Everyone who knows at least a bit about agile knows well how important is to improve the process. This book is simply about that and shows many methods and techniques that will help during a sprint or a project retrospective to make your team better. It's the must for everyone who is interested in improving his agile potential.

Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great (Pragmatic Programmers)