on 21 January 2009
This book is realy worth the money I paid (30quid).
I think it is worth double.
It has tons of information about a whole range of foods.
Very well laid out.
Every one in my family has seen it and wants to buy a copy for themselves.
It is taking ages to wade through it all.
Top marks ten out of ten.
on 29 January 2009
This is the best "healthy" investment i have ever made. The book is a real bible and contains all the healthy foods from around the world giving you advice from how to store and cook(even how to cut them) to in-depth nutritional tables and tasty recipes. I have quite a lot of books on nutrition and healthy lifestyle, but this is by far the most detailed one. I highly recommend it for anyone that wants to start a healthy lifestyle or even to athletes that need to change an already healthy menu and know everything about the foods they eat. Buy it! You will not regret it.
on 15 June 2009
I am studying Nutritional Therapy and thought this book would compliment some of my course work. It has lots of good information on nutrition - i.e. essential nutrients etc. As food should be the main source of these essential nutrients this book is fantastic - so many fabulous recipes and excellent alternatives for any type of diet/food intolerance if you want to make the effort.
I was at a cookery demo yesterday (run by the college) and the nutritionists giving the demo had this book and it was well fingered and pages marked with post-its which I felt was a great sign.
It is great value for the amount of reading it contains - ENJOY :-)
on 17 December 2010
The thing that really impressed me about this book was the amount of practical and useful information, for example it gives details on how to store and cook each food in order to preserve the maximum amount of nutrients. Many health books just rattle off the vitamins and minerals of exotic foods that you have to search for in specialised markets. While the book gives very detailed descriptions of nutritional content it deals with common foods that most people know (and like). This would be a great help for people who are dieting but it's focus is not about losing weight at all, it's a book for people who are interested in nutrient and would like ways to improve their well being by eating healthy foods and not just lettuce and celery.
on 18 January 2010
Excellent. This book has become a bible in our kitchen. Even my husband has taken it on board and implemented a lot of the knowledge into our everyday diet. The information on nutrition and nutrient analysis is invaluable.
on 13 March 2011
Living in an age where junk food is sold in supermarkets, all dressed up in fancy packaging to appeal to the eye, it's time for people to get back to basics.
Anyone with a brain, who cares about tomorrow should take a look at this book. I have many good books on diet, but nothing compares with "The World's Healthiest Foods". This book is huge, extensive and I believe every home should have a copy. It clearly explains what you should be eating, why you should be eating it, and then provides any number of easy to prepare recipes for you to choose from.
This book is an absolute "must have" if you treat your body the way it deserves to be treated.
on 3 August 2010
This is one of the best books I have ever bought.I wont loan it out.So much info that is of practical benefit.Every home should own a copy.I have already bought a few and given away as gifts.
VINE VOICEon 17 December 2010
This book is fantastic, not just from the point of view of recipes but also so informative about what nutrients are in each food you eat, so you can taylor your diet to include foods containing the vitamins, minerals e.t.c that you require. Would highly recommend.....such a big book
on 30 January 2013
When the book first arrived I was pleasantly surprised at the size. It's massive. I find the way it is laid out really helpful. I can't believe a previous review about there being hardly any recipes. That's rubbish. There are 100 foods featured. Each food has a chapter dedicated to it with nutritional information, techniques for preparing and cooking, and at least 5 recipes and ideas. I have found it really helpful so far, as I used to struggle with fitting fruits and vegetables into my everyday diet. Since buying this book I have been eating about 9/10 portions of vegetables every day! Yes it can be repetitive in places but I think that's intentional. The more you read something, the more it sinks in. Most of the recipes are really delicious. The only criticism is regarding the meal plan. It's not so practical as each day involves eating completely new veggies, fruits and meats. What do I do with all the leftovers?? Saying that, it's great as a guideline but there is no way I could follow the plan strictly. Overall, an amazing book, so informative, delicious recipes and a bargain!!
on 19 October 2009
This is book contains it all. It is a no nonsense book. No crazy diets just sound advise and above all great recipes for healthy living. It is a chunky book so have not gone through it all as yet but have tried out some of the recipes and they are great dishes.

Enjoy the book and live life to the full.
World's Healthiest Foods, The: Essential Guide for the Healthiest Way of Eating