5.0 out of 5 stars It does what is says on the cover.
The best book of its type. It's rare to find a dietary regime that is genuinely healing as well as satisfying and delicious. The photos look good and make you want to be adventurous with the cooking, and the explanations of how Ayureveda works are clear and logical. I'm loving it.
Published on 24 Mar 2010 by M. Shaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Make a Difference
Published 4 months ago by MRS FIN

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what is says on the cover., 24 Mar 2010
M. Shaw (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eat, Taste, Heal: An Ayurevdic Cookbook for Modern Living (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars New to Ayurvedic cooking, 12 April 2010
I came to Ayurvedia through acquaintances but mainly because my son has Crohn's disease. He had reacted badly to conventional medicines:- steroids (budesonide) and immunosuppressants (azathioprine). This book is certainly a good introduction to cooking the ayurvedic way indeed Ayurvedia itself. It devotes approx. 150 pages at the beginning to the concepts of Ayurvedia, preparing & storing, food as medicine and more and with every following recipe explains how it can be varied to suit pitta, vata, kapha. I would have preferred more recipes but am grateful for quite full information on the philosophy. I feel one must be a very keen cook (as I am)and devote a good deal of time to following the guidelines/recipes. I found the basics ie. how to make Ghee, making up seasoning, stock, pastry extremely useful but their recipe for homemade yoghurt has not worked so far. As I am at the beginning of the road of discovery, I cannot tell yet whether the Ayurvedic diet will help my son - I would need at least 6 months of adhering strictly to his particular diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for my health, 1 Jan 2014
This way of eating is tailor made for me, I know who I am and this will help me get better for a healthy mind and body. I recommend Ayaverda as a way of life. Jacqueline....

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 29 Jan 2013
Super resource on ayurveda information, good recipes. Really pleased that I to this book, could not wait to read it..if interested in ayurveda..good resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ayureveda made easy, 20 Jun 2011
M. Sanders (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This is a beautiful cookbook with good clear illustrations that tempt you to try new dishes. Recipes are delicious, not overly complicated and health benefits are clear. I use it regularly and have also bought several copies as gifts for friends. The first section on Ayurvedic history and principles, healing use and then determining your Dosha (Pitta, Vata or Kapha) is interestingly written and the results of the questionnaire surprisingly accurate. I have many cookbooks but this is one that I find I return to more than any other. A great book and a perfect introduction to Ayurveda, I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A best seller for good reason, 22 Mar 2013
I've had this book for about a year now, and still open it once a week. If you're not looking to do a degree in Ayurveda, but want a good, accessible, comprehensive guide at your fingertips, this book is ideal. To be honest I haven't cooked much from it - I've always had healthy cooking and eating habits - but it has inspired me to add more of some things and reduce others from my pantry. I can honestly say that since exploring the fundamentals presented in this book I haven't suffered Spring hay fever. I am much more aware of when I am unbalanced in one dosha or another, and am equipped with the knowledge of what to do. Well recommended, especially if you are suffering from inexplicable every day things, such as hayfever or acid or bloating.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it., 27 Feb 2014
Got the book and really pleased. It is a very baeutiful book that radiates simply kindness and positive energy, I guess the energy that authors wanted to give it. It is not an ordinary cook-book, it has a lot of history and explanation about Ayurveda and its principles, which is great for any one! And it has also a test to find out which dosha is dominant. Looking forward to start to read it and use it for actual cooking :-).

3.0 out of 5 stars Make a Difference, 23 Feb 2014
I felt I had to change my eating habits and a friend has this book. It is a good book. It I am finding it difficult to follow and change my old routines. Still some of the dishes I have managed have been good. As with all these things practise makes perfect. So easy to slip back into old habits. I had been to a Ayurevdic Therapist so I knew I was a Vatta which made it simpler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent varied recipes, 22 Jun 2013
If you're a beginnger to Ayurveda the front sections are informative and are really required reading to undersatnd the concepts behind the recipes.
Lovely selection of imaginative and creative recipes

Eat, Taste, Heal: An Ayurevdic Cookbook for Modern Living
Eat, Taste, Heal: An Ayurevdic Cookbook for Modern Living by Johnny Brannigan (Hardcover - Feb 2006)
16.67