on 2 September 1999
This is the finest book on multiple pregnancy, birth, and parenting on the market.This book should be placed in the hands of every woman the moment she discovers she is expecting multiples. The wisdom, insight, and real-life situations closely match the reality of having multiples. My twins are over 2 years old and I found quite a bit of good information to help me.I have been researching books for parents of multiples and this is by far the best book I have come across. There is a good deal of fantastic information on breastfeeding, but there is also incredible information on pregnancy issues, like preventing prematurity, as well. In addition, Ms. Gromada has information on items you do and don't need with multiples, which could have saved me quite a bit of money! I only wish this book would have been available when I was pregnant.
on 12 November 2007
When I had my first baby I was determined to breastfeed but I found it very difficult to start with, especially as I really did not know what to expect. I did succeed in the end and fed her for a year but it was touch and go for a while.
When I found out I was expecting twins I bought this book and was I glad that I did! Many people (midwives included!) told me that it would not be possible exclusively to breastfeed twins, especially with the needs of a toddler to attend to and with my husband working away but, with the aid of the information in this book I managed it for over a year. I was able to stand up to my midwife who was muttering about "supplementary bottles" within a week of the birth because of the knowledge I had gained about the mechanics of milk production. Plus it gave me all sorts of information, comfort and support during my pregnancy and many other aspects of caring for twins. I now have two very lively, healthy 21 month old girls.
Any time I hear of someone expecting twins now, the first thing I recommend to them is this book. Fantastic!
on 7 April 2012
Being an obsessive researcher, I bought and read this book while expecting my twins, born March 2010.

I can categorically say that I would have given up within the first month if I hadn't read this book and been forearmed with the knowledge of what to expect, what problems I might encounter (and how to resolve them) and first and foremost been given the confidence and knowledge that breastfeeding twins IS possible, despite all the negativity you may encounter! As it was, I went on to feed my girls for nearly 10 months and it remains to this day my proudest ever achievement!

Having spoken to many ladies wondering about breastfeeding multiples since feeding my own, my first piece of advice is always to buy a copy of this book and read it before the babies arrive!

To the reviewers who criticise it for being "militant" or too pro-breastfeeding, I'd have thought that there was a big enough clue in the title of the book as to the fact that breastfeeding is of course discussed and encouraged by the author!!
on 5 August 2010
I just had twins (my first children). This book really helped me learn how to effectively breastfeed, and also gives lots of other useful advice on how to manage household tasks, getting enough sleep, and other mothering tasks. I found it a life saver. Breastfeeding is tough in the beginning, and you are prone to have more problems like plugged ducts, etc. With the advice found in this book I was able to solve such problems quite quickly before they became serious.
I also find the tone quite positive and encouraging. At times of despair, just by reading in the book "do what you can for today and don't feel guilty about it" helped me get through the day.
The author, as part of the la leache league philosophy is very pro-breastfeeding, but I did not find it judgemental of people who want or need to complement breastfeeding with formula.
A must have for any mother of twins!
on 7 November 2011
THE best book on the subject, so you know what to be prepared for and how with the birth, breastfeeding, and care of your twins or more. Would recommend to EVERYONE!!
on 25 August 2010
I couldn't have survived breastfeeding my twins without the invaluable information in this book. Most health professionals seemed to assume that it was the norm to bottle or mix feed twins and I felt I was "swimming against the tide" wanting to breastfeed them. The default advice I received from health professionals when I encountered any difficulties was "top up with formula" - this book gave me an alternative and, importantly, the confidence to reject this advice without anxiety. I have now exclusively breastfed the twins for 4 months and intend to continue doing so. Now I am over the hardest part, establishing breast feeding, it's so much easier than artifical milk feeding. And, of course, natural and normal. I read this book before giving birth and continue to use it as a source of reference.
on 28 August 2012
This book is full of really useful information about breast feeding multiples. I am expecting twins in a few months and really want to breast feed. I am reading it through for a second time. Lots of info about what to expect in those first few weeks, gives you an idea about how often you will feed and for how long. Explains all about pumping and storing your milk. Also helps prepare for early arrivals and prolonged stays in NICU ( hopefully won't need this chapter) Worth the money .
on 1 November 2014
I have learnt so much from this book. It is the essential for those having multiples. I am having triplets and hope to breastfeed so this is a good starting point along with support from my local LLL group. Thanks LLL.
on 8 June 2016
This is the one and only book you need if you are expecting twins and want to breast feed / express. An invaluable resource of information and help. This has been pretty much my bible for the last 2.5 years.
on 15 November 2015
Amazing book really supported me during my pregnancy and after.