5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to start with for inexperienced or aspiring manager and leaders, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management (Paperback)
I loved this book. I've recently been asked to become manager of a small team and was looking for some literature to study. This book has given me lots of practical ideas and techniques to try! I really recommend it to anyone looking for inspiration.
Also it's very well written, so it's quite quick and easy to read. Authors have done a great job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical advise, 17 Mar 2011
I am not a manager, but I do manage my own work. The authors share their knowledge how you can improve for instance your workshops and one-on-one meetings. The templates are very practical, so you can start using them immediately.

Stop blaming or placating your manager, because you can really help your manager and yourself by following the authors advise.

I used to think I could "juggle" multiple projects at once. Rothman and Derby explain why multitasking is such a myth, what a relief. Slowly I'm constructing and managing my own project portfolio.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've come across for new managers, 9 Feb 2006
Practical, very readable and full of sound advice which works. Genuinely useful books for new managers are rare in my experience and this is one of the best I've come across.

Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management
Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management by Esther Derby (Paperback - 29 Sep 2005)
13.77