‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 9 Jan. 2009
D. Bottomley (N.Wales. U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mixed Media Explorations: Blending Paper Fabric and Embellishment to Create Inspired Designs (Paperback)
Having just started into Mixed Media, I bought this along with two other books, but this is the one I keep going back to. The Pictures of Beryl's work are truly beautiful. She shows how to do some wonderful projects, some of which I have already tried and been pleased with the results!
A book to look at time and again, if only for the eye-candy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Media Explorations by Beryl Taylor, 16 Aug. 2007
H G Wells "Harriet" (Devon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If like me you are looking for inspiration to create some thing new with your art work then I would certainly recommend this book. The designs Beryl Taylor has put together are very imaginative. Her step by step projects to help you are easy to follow also you are shown the smaller details close up which go into each design which I found very useful. In my view it is a superb book offering you an abundance of endless designs. So if you wish to boost your creativity then this is the book to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely top of the bill!, 25 Aug. 2008
Brit Wellens "B. Well Design" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book on first sight as the cover looked really good. And what a surprise to see it gets better after every page! This work is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. If I could give it 6 stars, I would. Such a pretty style, very creative and inspiring; this is really "it" for me. Recommended with a capital R! I look forward to her next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolute must have!!, 8 May 2011
Hazel Vicary "Hazel" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I chose this book after reading all the various reviews and I have to say that it is everything I expected - and more. As a source of information and inspiration this book is the very best I have bought so far and will be spending very little time on the shelf (as a few of my previous purchases do I'm afraid) and a lot of time being studied. I have only had it a short time but elements from it have already been incorporated in several pieces I am working on and, in fact, have given me the information I needed to experiment with a couple of techniques I liked but didn't know how to achieve. I also had a largish wall hanging that I couldn't complete as it needed 'something' but 'what' was escaping me - the 'what' hit me the first time I opened this book so it is now completed - thank you Ms Taylor! I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in mixed media work - if you bought this book and no other, you would have a source of delight, inspiration and very importantly, information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration galore, 20 Aug. 2010
I can only echo all the other compliments for this book. After many disappointments where the covers do not represent the contents, this book is something to return to again and again. Easy to follow step by step projects with close up details. Brilliant value for money and a joy to own which thoroughly deserves more that the 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars an amazing and beautiful exploration into mixed media, 14 Aug. 2010
WOW what an amazing book.
The front cover of this book took my fancy, the different colours and items that were featured on the front made me want to buy it.
Im a textiles designer myself and am always on the look out for new inspiration and new ideas to try.
even if you do not intend to try to incorporate any of the ideas into your own work, its a gorgeous book to just own!!!
Everyone with an artistic/creative flair should buy this book.
Pages of pure beauty one after the other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely inspiring, 9 Feb. 2010
I am loving this book. Not only is it inspiring, but also very tutorial. Clear pictures and instructions to help along the way. Excellent value and I know that I am going to use this and dip in and out of it for a long time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Explorations indeed, 6 Sept. 2007
C. Cole (Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Apart from the lavish illustrations, I was bowled over by the commitment and detail with which the artist experimented with different techniques and materials. Her enquiring mind, along with her generosity in sharing her knowledge, is inspirational.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 28 Dec. 2010
Mrs. G. Hobbs (uk) - See all my reviews
Fabulous book. Gorgeous photos and inspiration for paper crafter's and artists. This takes you to the next level. Gorgeous just to look at as well. Also BRITISH author

5.0 out of 5 stars UTTERLY STUNNING!!!!, 10 Sept. 2010
A Kid's Review
I ordered this book, totally unseen, because of the other reviews, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. It is the best book of it's genre I have ever laid eyes on. Visually it is stunningly beautiful, and unbelievably inspirational. If you have any aspirations to starting, or developing your mixed media skills, buy this book. If it's the only one you get, you have to have this one. There are enough ideas and suggestions to keep you going for ages.
Beryl Taylor is amazingly talented - can't wait for more of the same!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›