Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 October 2010
I have ten years SQL experience but none with Reporting Services.

This book is excellent. It is suitable for all levels, really. Unlike many tech books it is good on detail and provides greate code examples. It's saved me hours of experimentation. I also bought Brian Larson's book on the subject. It now gathers dust, but this book is invaluable.

Why only four stars? The binding is dreadful. Pages are falling out in sections. The first eighty pages are now in a file. Proligika need to sort this out (see all the US comments about this). That said, I guess I'll buy another copy or go with a Kindle...
on 14 March 2010
It's a well thought out book with examples that work well, and it would get 5 stars BUT:

My criticism is that it isn't available in e-book format. I travel a lot on business, and carrying a heavy tome around with me is a total pain. I have all of my Microsoft Self Paced Training books with me all the time on my netbook, so why not this book?