1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those mangas which deserves to eb called a novel., 10 Dec. 2006
C. Mccartney (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Empty Heart: Yaoi (Comic)
Now when it comes to manga, I'm generally far more interested in plot. The artwork has to be reasonable, but other than that I don't much mind. This manga however is a stand out. It's a beautifully illustrated work with wonderfully realised characters. Nuff said.

What I love about this manga was the fact that the characters seem very real, in very real relationships. Effectively: one character has a crush on his older brother's best friend. This best friend has harboured feelings for the older brother (not the younger) for years. When the younger brother discovers this he uses his familly resemblance to his sibling to seduce his crush. As feelings deepen, angst over who and even *what* each person is falling in love with ensues.

The emotions of this story just rang true to me. People *do* do stupid things to be with someone they really want to be with. And I like seeing people do stupid things which feel real, but that traditional romance shies away from because.... well, who knows.

This story is romantic, but not traditionally, and it feels honest and real. I don't think there's much more I can say. Definitely worth taking the trouble to source.

Empty Heart: Yaoi
Empty Heart: Yaoi by Masara Minase (Comic - 1 April 2006)
Used & New from: £52.11