Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on 1 September 2005
The author, Yogani, has created an amazingly efficacious set of yoga practices tying together the best, and only the best, from several millennia of fragmented, half-secret, mostly misunderstood and highly esoteric practices into a bundle as clear, simple, and understandable as a nursery rhyme. Several thousand people who'd previously felt more or less stagnant in other practices are quickly experiencing levels of peace and bliss they'd previously scarcely imagined. The Advanced Yoga Practices book outlines the specifics in meticulous and, easily
readable and digestible detail.
For those new to any sort of spiritual practice (and also as fun and pleasure for those who are already familiar), The Secrets of Wilder presents this deep and potent practice completely free of any Eastern terminology, and within an adventure/love story!!! Spoonfuls of sugar to help the medicine go down and attract a wider set to these practices, so more people can drop their stress, anger, and aggression.
Speaking of medicine and the need for sugar, Yogani is a mild-mannered man and polite, but when it comes to the business of smashing taboos which need to be smashed, and exposing secret knowledge which needs to be known, he becomes as decisive and unsparing as `The Terminator' --- he has pulled out all the stops in presenting the best, advanced yoga practices which are normally kept secret --- and he has spared nothing in showing the connection between sex and the sacred processes of enlightenment.
I give it five stars in its genre, and in many ways, it is in a genre of its own. Those uninterested in a spiritual message, or in enlightenment, would probably not give it five stars, but perhaps some would, because Yogani has a knack for making you turn the pages. Its closest genre is that of books such as Jonathan Livingstone Seagull, Celestine Prophesy, Siddhartha, and Way of the Peaceful Warrior; in a way similar to these books, Yogani has wrapped his spiritual message in a story which has the human appeal of mystery, love and adventure. In a very clever way, he uses the unfolding of the mystery of the enlightenment process as a motivation for turning the page. But he has done something though that the authors of these other novels have not done --- he has exposed the enlightenment process as it is, and taught ways to access it.
The book is set in the Christian tradition - but those who are wary of dogmaticism and orthodoxy have nothing at all to fear. In fact the novel may help to bridge a gap between the narrower forms of Christianity and the more expansive roots of the Christian religion. It may help bridge the gap in some people's minds between Christianity (whether it is their own religion or not) and Yoga and all other religions, and help people to understand what Buddha, Jesus and Krishna have in common.
This book should not be missed by anyone who is interested in their own spiritual evolution - or, for that matter, in the spiritual evolution of our planet. Framed within a cosmic love story that begins with the protagonists in high school, it encompasses a wide panorama of meditative teachings that can be applied easily both by young adults and by oldsters already set in their ways - such as me. Beautifully and sensitively written, I cannot imagine anyone coming away from its pages without having learned something profoundly new about themselves. When I finished reading the last page of the story, tears came to my eyes and a strong yearning overcame me. "So may it be," I said aloud. "So may it come to pass for all of us."
How often does a book appear without anyone knowing who the author is? We have no photo, no list of achievements on the back cover, and I don't think we are going to see Yogani on the morning talk shows. Despite the amazing success of the Advanced Yoga Practices online list that drew more than seven thousand subscribers and now has its own website and forums (and also now as the book "Advanced Yoga Practices"), Yogani protects his anonymity. We are told nothing about the originator of this extraordinary novel other than in the brief biographical note at the end: 'Yogani is an American spiritual scientist who, for more than thirty years, has been integrating ancient spiritual techniques from around the world that cultivate human spiritual transformation. The approach he has developed is non-sectarian and open to all."
Again I repeat, "Don't miss this book." I am buying extra copies for my three sons and close friends. And if they find the exercises launch them into deeper levels of spirit, they - and you - can move on to the "Advanced Yoga Practices" book itself. Yogani promises us that more is forthcoming. I, for one, can't wait!
on 17 January 2015
I have enjoyed reading this book and could not put it down. I would recommend it to everyone who is interested in spirituality and spiritual progress.
The main characters John and Devi meet and start dating and their love for each other grows quickly. They go through a violent event which push them even more to go unto a spiritual journey which John called a God Quest.
I won't tell you anymore to spoil it so just buy the book and start reading. The book it's written in a very easy language that is easy to understand and it grips your attention from the start.
About four years ago I have learned Transcendental Meditation which is similar to what John the main character has discovered in his spiritual journey. Reading this book really inspired me to continue regularly practising TM and learning new techniques to progress in my spiritual journey.
God bless you Yogani and thank you for your amazing books! :-)
on 3 June 2006
Reading this book has uncovered a hunger in me, I found it irresistable. We go through Life looking for mysterious truths to discover who we are, and when we find them in the pages of this book expressed in a simple and beautiful way the Joy is indescribable, its like finding a lost family member!

Readers and followers of Spiritual knowledge from all paths and disciplines will find this book imparts a personal and secret knowledge. The book is written in a way in which you feel you are there, its all very personal to you, the reader.

It exposes dogma for what it is and reveals the Truth is open to all who seek.

I have already recommended it to like-minded friends and I recommend it to the broader audience here too. Don't miss it.