5.0 out of 5 stars "Work Wonders" is truly wonderful
I found this book amazing, and is a must-read for anyone considering rawfeeding or even as background information for existing rawfeeders. It is easy to read, explains in simple terms the reasons why rawfeeding works and gives lots of examples of the type of foods that can be fed.

Published on 24 Aug. 2008 by Michelle

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite basic
My younger lab has been suffering from itchy skin and I was recommended to feed her raw food. I want to be sure she gets everything she needs in her diet so bought this book hoping to get a bit of science with it. Unfortunately the book is very basic and a bit preachy for my liking and did not tell me much more than I had read online.
Published on 17 Oct. 2011 by Pia

5.0 out of 5 stars "Work Wonders" is truly wonderful, 24 Aug. 2008
Michelle (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones (Paperback)

I found it invaluable when starting out and I still use it today, 2 years later as a quick reference guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on how to feed your dog a healthy diet of raw meat and bones, 1 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones (Paperback)
When I took my rescue greyhound to the vet to be spayed, the vet commented on how shiny her coat was and how clean her teeth were.

I've noticed that she's not as shy since eating the raw meaty bones (carbohydrates in commercial food can impact a dog's mood. Also, some commercial foods contain sugars, which is why many dogs appear to suffer from ADHD).

After reading this book, I now know what to feed my dog and in what ratios (i.e. what proportion of raw meaty bones to offal and other meat). Even after only a few month's of feeding this diet, I have noticed a marked improvement in my dog's health. She has increased stamina without being hyper and improved muscle definition. I'm really happy with her diet as she is clearly healthy on it and it's far cheaper and no more hassle than feeding commercial food.
He also provides insightful information on feeding your dog in a more environmentally friendly way - e.g. vermin such as wood pigeon and wild rabbit.

More importantly she LOVES her food. She gets a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment from gnawing bones. It's akin to the pleasure you would get from eating beans on toast or a gourmet meal.

There's also imperative information on potential diseases from the raw meat (both for you and the dog) and how to avoid them - most of it is common sense and no different to handling raw meat for yourself. I do worm my dog more often though - more for my own peace of mind than anything else.

Unlike other books on feeding your dog raw meat, he clearly states that dogs are carnivores, not omnivores and therefore feeding veg or fruit is unnecessary - which saves a lot of preparation hassle.

I'm really glad I bought this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars raw food for beginner's, 15 April 2007
Esme Lennox (North East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones (Paperback)
This book came recommended to me by a friend, and I found it very useful for a novice dog owner like myself. We all like to give our dogs a bone now and again, and this book tells you how to take that one step further if you wish to. It helps to dispel some of the myths that surround the practice of feeding raw bones, and also points out some of the potential hazards involved. A clearly set out book with plenty of advice for any dog owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for pet owners, 27 Oct. 2005
D. Hill (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones (Paperback)
Work wonders is simply brilliant. This book is informative and enjoyable whilst being easy to read and digest(!). Whether you are new to feeding raw meaty bones or have already been feeding this way, this is essential reading. All dog, cat or ferret owners should read this book. I have been feeding RMB for 6 years and thought I knew all I needed to know. Wrong! There was still information contained in this book that I didn't know. I will certainly be recommending this book to all my friends and hope their pets will live an healthier life. If you love your pets read Work Wonders.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for all dog owners, 3 April 2009
This review is from: Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones (Paperback)
The book is very easy to read and provides enough information to get you started with a healthy raw food diet. It is important to remain open minded and forget the bad advice your vet has given to feed your pet junk food. Every chapter makes complete sense and leaves me wondering how the professionals we pay to care for our pets can ignore the obvious truth about pet nutrition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book., 20 April 2009
This review is from: Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones (Paperback)
I have searched the internet and read a few books on this subject, but I appreciate this book more. I bought this book on the previous reviews and thoroughly agree that it is worthwhile, easy to understand, and great for referring to if needed. This is a keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, a great reference book for feeding raw!, 26 July 2007
E. Thomas (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones (Paperback)
What a great book, very helpful. I use it all the time when ever I've got a question about raw feeding my dog. If there's only one book you buy to help you understand the dangers of commercial dog foods and how to break away for the sake of your pet, then this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a must, 2 Dec. 2005
Deborah Hill (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones (Paperback)
This latest book from Tom Lonsdale is full of need to know information, whether starting out or already feeding natures way, it's a must read for everybody interested in the well being of their animals.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite basic, 17 Oct. 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Go for something more beefy, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones (Paperback)
This book took me all of about 20 mins to read and I doubt I will look at it again. To be quite honest you could learn more from just surfing the net. It's very repetitive and after the 250th time of saying "feed dogs raw meaty bones" you kind of get the message. It just seems to say the same thing over and over, I think it should be a leaflet rather than a book.

If I were you I would get a more in depth book, that goes into more detail.

Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones
Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones by Tom Lonsdale (Paperback - 1 Nov. 2005)