Shop now Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now

on 25 May 2006
I think this book is not as bad as some portray it. Some of the reviews here are on the edge of being hateful, and I think it's wrong. A review should be about the contents of the book, not about the way one feels about the author. I bought the book and I did find some useful info about alternative medicine. There is also lots of insight about the way big money influences the decision making of FDA. Just for that the book deserves three stars...

Having said all that, I must admit that I have expected much more from "Natural Cures". No doubt Kevin Trudeau is a good promoter. He is so convincing in his infomercials that it is really hard not to buy the products he advertises. However, the book does not deliver everything what one would expect to get judging by the title and the infomercial.

Supposedly I would get a lot more at the authors' website. He constantly refers to his website where one supposedly would get full explanation for various topics. The only problem is that no one can get any explanation free of charge. Once I landed at the website, I realized that there is nothing that you could learn unless you come up with some kind of a payment!

I was inclined to pay the website membership fee but first I went back to Amazon to read more reviews. Based on many warnings in the reviews, I decided not to pay. Instead I followed a link to a book titled "Cure the Incurable" This book in not only cheaper, but it also contains a whole wealth of complete information that I expected to find in "Natural Cures..." but never did. The only problem with this book is that the author, dr. Tombak, often refers to the earlier published title on the assumption that the reader is already familiar with his first book. Therefore it is a better idea to first read the bestseller "Can We Live 150?"

I did not return Kevin's book but if I were as well informed as I am now, I would not have bought it. I ended up buying two books, while all I really needed is to buy the second one (Cure the Incurable).

So folks, learn from my mistake and read the reviews first before buying a book. After you read a number of reviews, you will be able to make the right decision, even though some of the reviews might be inappropriate.
on 25 July 2005
Generally an author's personal history is irrelevant to a book, presuming the book to be well written and informed. But in this case, that history is essential.
The name "Kevin Trudeau" is probably unfamiliar for most UK readers. Mr Trudeau presented (and owned) two infomercial channels on satellite TV called "Shop America" and a sister channel called "You TV" and did likewise in the US. These infomercials hawked a range of products for improving your golf, your memory, your looks and your health. Most of the claims were harmless (if misleading) but some were downright dangerous. In particular, he sold a line of expensive chalk pills called "Coral Calcium" that he claimed reversed cancer and other life threatening diseases.
The claims were sufficiently misleading (especially those for Coral Calcium) that UK Advertising Standards Authority slapped the channels with £100,000 in fines. But it was nothing compared to what happened to him in the US. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Food & Drug Administration (FDA) prosecuted and fined him for a whopping $2 million dollars for hawking Coral Calcium and banned him for life from selling similar products on TV again. This is not the first time he has been in trouble with the FTC or the law either. Past charges levelled against him include credit card fraud, running illegal pyramid schemes, misrepresentation to stockholders and more.. He even served 2 years in prison for passing dud checks while posing as a doctor.
Which brings us to this book. Mr Trudeau is not a doctor, dietician, nutritionist or in any way qualified to offer any kind of medical advice and it shows on every page. He is a salesman with an extremely shady record of using half truths and downright lies to hawk his products.
This book is pitched to play on a "us" and "them" - the FDA and the drug companies who are "conspiring" to keep people sick and to hide cures that work - and Mr Trudeau as a Ralph Nader-esque consumer advocate fighting for "us". In reality Mr Trudeau is what he is, and this book serves as little more than a rant against the FTC and FDA, some common sense advice, a whole bunch of baloney about blood acidity levels and other pseudoscience, and as an extended infomercial for his website. Yes, its an infomercial in book form. It frequently refers you to his site for more info where you'll discover you must pay anything from $10 per month or $500 for "lifetime membership" to see what it says. Judging by this book, the chances are that you'll pay your membership to discover it filled with more nonsense and perhaps even more expensive ways to part with your money.
So in summary take the claims made for this book with a massive grain of salt. Take a time to look through the US Amazon's reviews for this book if you think I'm exaggerating - there are literally hundreds of outraged reviewers to give you a fair impression of this book.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 7 October 2005
The book is everything else but what one would expect to get judging by the title and the infomercial. Kevin Trudeau constantly refers to his website where one supposedly would get full explanation for various topics. The only problem is that no one can get any explanation free of charge. Once you land at the website, you will realize that there is almost nothing that you could learn unless you come up with some kind of payment!
Otherwise the book has some valid (and valuable) information. However, there are many other books at the market that discuss natural cures, stress reduction methods, proper nutrition, proper breathing techniques, yoga, etc. They are often not only much more informative but at the same also cheaper. Just look around Amazon and you will find them. I find the best alternative to "Natural Cures" are books by Tombak such as "Cure the Incurable" or "Can We Live 150" . They are absolutely noncommercial and full of useful info. In addition, their website - StartHealthyLife - is not only free of any charges but also provides some free ebooks on simmilar topics.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 25 June 2013
CANCER is curable NOW (OFFICIAL TRAILER) copy and paist that into youtube and watch.

Then do the same with -
War on Health 'Gary Null's documentary - exposing the FDA.

Then watch the Canadian research into hemp oil -
Hemp Oil : The Hidden Cure for Cancer | The Rick Simpson Story.

Then read about Dr Johannah Budwig and her 93% success rate with termina; cancer patients.

Then read about leatril (vitamin B17) and bitter apricot kernals.

Read about Hydrogen peroxide.

Read and watch everything about 'Black Salve' killing melanoma in days. Banned by the FDA

Watch the natural cancer cures and testamonies on youtube.

Dr Say's Chemotherapy is a Waste of Money -- youtube.

Read about iodine deficiency, the magnesium miracle. When they spray your crops they put NItrogen Phosphorus and Potassium on them, that's the fertalizer. We need around 24 minerals to live healthy. Then they spray it with insectacide and fungacide then boil it process it, mix it with deadly transfats, pump it full of preservatives and a cocktail of other flavour enhancing chemicals, then put in the salt, fat and sugar, voila.. see you in hospital for the next step.

Read Jim Marrs book - The trillion dollar conspiracy (New York Times best selling author and journalist)

It seems Kevin Trudeau is daring to chase the billionaires and reaping the consequenses. Join the chase.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 17 May 2013
We suffer because of lack of knowledge. if we read more, learn more, and take action we can live in a better place.
I confirm that this book is a great source of information, and Kevis is realy corageous. I have notice the changes in my life after starting reading this book.
VINE VOICEon 11 February 2015
What a shame that Kevin's ego got in the way of the book. I have tried not to let my thoughts on Kevin influence my judgement of the book. For the most part I believe that much of what is in the book is correct; whether that be health issues or interference/control by overly powerful representatives of agents unknown. He stayed true to his word insofar as he did indeed repeat himself in the book. Maybe he was trying to 'bulk' out the book; if that was his intention then he certainly achieved his aim. At times I wondered if my patience would last to the end of the book. He said that he repeats himself in order to get his point across; I find that a rather shallow explanation, after all do many of us not shut off mentally when someone constantly berates us, for example?

Now, as I believe I have intimated, I am a believer of the subject matter but that is not because I have read this book, for it is clear that Kevin knows how to talk without saying anything specific. He suggests that much of what he didn't say was due to restrictions placed upon him by such likes as the FTC. I am not convinced on that point. There are countless other brave people expressing themselves far more liberally on the Internet - albeit, expressing themselves with the rider of 'not being a doctor, not attempting to cure etc..'. In addition, although a self proclaimed believer, I would still say that many people in the alternative field make outrageous claims without a shred of real proof. When I have researched claims made by many of those in the alternative field, their proof is often very subjective; I mean, I can look at what I perceive to be an attractive woman - and that makes me feel good for an hour, temporarily not being 'conscious' of my pains, smile - but it doesn't prove that my arthritis has actually disappeared.

"I'm as mad as hell, I'm not going to take it anymore" said the actor Peter Finch in the film 'Network'. That's how I felt about this book after seeing Kevin say that an innumerable amount of times throughout this tome.
on 19 January 2014
Excellent book. Very informative. For those of you who wish to lose weight but can't read This! I bought the mass paperback version years ago and it was quite a chore to read because of the fine print and it virtually fell Apart! I wanted a hard back for my collection.

As a result of this book I stopped going to steam and saunas stopped eating certain foods (but now I do due to poor will Power!) started taking certain supplements bought a rebounder and air purifier and other things. A lot of things i already knew, but this book reinforced my knowledge and prompted me to take more and further action. This book gives clear insight into big pharma and just how corrupt they are.

If you b want to make changes to your lifestyle and increase your knowledge on health buy this book, you won't regret It!

If you are serious about making changes in your life
on 15 April 2013
A clear approach of what is going actually going on behind the scenes.
A blatant reality check ,which explains with facts,why we are all in the ongoing state of stress and deception
on 22 May 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed some great ideas and finally the UK sell filters for showers ! My ex g/f has bought your book and has already started it. As a SELF healer of TWO tumours last week had the great news that air was finally getting into my lung past the tumour that was blocking the airway! One hell of a result which was surprised many friends after only 3 months....onwards and upwards...Tony H-H.... England.... P.S.....Our very blinkered Health Service wanted to cut my lung out....!!! So adamant was I that I told them exactly where they could stick their knives as I knew I would win by doing it my way.
on 13 October 2011
Kevin Trudeau's book was refused by a couple of publishers for different reasons and published it himself becoming a best seller.
At the beginning of the book he speaks about his serious heart problem considered by doctors incurable but which in the end was solved by natural methods.

He is on the opinion that the medical establishment deny and debunk natural cures because they are trained to think that only drugs could cure diseases.Then he shows that the medical system is dominated by large pharmaceutical companies that have no interest to cure.

He also shows how the FDA and the FTC assures people that certain drugs are effective and safe, but the writer gives many examples of such "safe drugs" that proved to be fatal. He then goes on to discuss the importance of certain foods, the necessity for exercise, positive mental attitude, and many more good ideas, solutions etc.
I think that this book is a good mind opening.