5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring for All Mental Strengths, 19 May 2011
This review is from: 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class: The Thought Processes, Habits and Philosophies of the Great Ones (Paperback)
177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class by Steve Siebold is a very informative and insightful book. I too only wish that I would have known about this book sooner, but at least I know now. The following are some passages of the book that I found very helpful and that resonated with me (and to share with others a glimpse of this great information):

Pg. 60 secret #28: Champions are Comeback Artists: I enjoy how the author gives helpful tidbits on examples of people that have pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. The fact that he lists this lesson as perserverance on the physical plane, toughness on the mental plane, and artistry on the spiritual place is very inspiring.
pg. 114 secret #70: The Great Ones are Products of their Own Imagination: The author mentions who champions combine action with imagination. The action step is really fun as well (he encourages you to allow your imagination to run wild with ideas of your perfect life).
Pg. 155 secret #99: The Great Ones are Aware of their Limitless Potential: This statement really stood out for me because I watched a really fun movie called Limitless that starred Bradley Cooper less than two months ago. The "Limitless" movie illustrated the potential realities possible when unlimited potential is tapped into. This is similiar to the message that I believe that author is trying to send with this secret when he emphasizes that champions wake up one day and realize that their possibilities and potentials that symbolize the unlimited arena.
Pg. 193 secret #124: The World Class Believes in Self-Reliance: Steve mentions how the core of fullfillment comes from within yourself and that the world class learns to rely on themselves to get the answers from within.
Pg. 196 secret #126: Champions are Bold and Daring Visionaries: Mr. Siebold mentions why the importance of keeping on your vision. The recommended action step is also very exciting: He mentions a plan to make a commitment to create the ultimate vision for your life in the next 30 days, and he gives the eight life components as a guidepost. The eight life components is very enlightening for me because I have been frequently getting the feeling to implement my vision, and thanks to coming across secret #126 I now am aware the areas of my life that are beneficial for that vision (some of the helpful areas Steve recommends are faith/spiritual, social/cultural and personal development).

I am a naturally emotionally tough person, and yet this book gave me some insights on how to take my mental fortitude further. However, this book is beneficial for all levels of mental toughness

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book (Audiobook), 13 Mar. 2014
S Clark (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I listened to the audiobook version of this - which isn't actually available on Amazon. Steve and the co-host were excellent, filled with energy and enthusiasm and good solid life advice. There is nothing "revolutionary" about the book, the secrets are all things most people know - but they are presenting in a well thought out and concise way as a prompt or reminder of what you need to do to have world class mental toughness. One of the best parts of the book (though some might call it blatant cross selling) is the list of different resources that Steve gives for you to go into more detail about some of the secrets. By the end of reading this book you will have a list of 30 other books you should read and a much fuller bookshelf if you buy them all. At 10 hours this is a long audiobook, but because it is broken down into 177 small parts you can pick it up and put it down easily without loosing any continuity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steve Siebold is Mentally Tough, 25 May 2012
Christine lee "A Customer" (London) - See all my reviews
I love this book - I bought it from his Govesiebold or MentallyTough site on audio and have listened to it for a month or so now almost every day for inspiration and learning. Prior to that I had the book which is brilliant. I was trying to
have it on my IPAD but Kindle hasn't got it yet so I've requested it. If you are keen to raise your level of awareness
about life, this is the book. Now that I am so familiar with the powerful lessons, I can put it simply. "Miss it at your peril":)

His new book, just out,"Sex Religion and Politics" is already on my desktop and it's another eye opener - things are changing fast.

Also, a great help is "How the Rich Think" by Steve Siebold.

Steve delivers with compassion and fun.