5.0 out of 5 stars A-Z does it again
I have to admit, I am probably a tad biased. Hooked on smocking since I taught myself 4 years ago, with the aid of the A-Z of Smocking, and becoming a subscriber to AS&E magazine, published by Country Bumpkin, who publish the A-Z series.

Published on 30 Jun 2010 by Mrs. Marysia T. Paling

3.0 out of 5 stars A little misleading
I bought this book with a view to leaning to smock but found that in fact this book is about heirloom sewing and not really about smocking at all.

If you can already sew you may find this book will not help you learn to smock!

Published on 9 Jun 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars A little misleading, 9 Jun 2009
This review is from: A-Z of Sewing for Smockers (A-Z Needlework 07) (Spiral-bound)

If you can already sew you may find this book will not help you learn to smock!

There is another book A-Z of Smocking which goes through smocking techniques. Pity these two books are not amalgamated into one comprehensive book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A-Z does it again, 30 Jun 2010
Mrs. Marysia T. Paling (Turkey) - See all my reviews

However, having said that, all the books I have purchased in the A-Z series have delivered what they promise on the cover.

Clear concise instructions and diagrams that also help the process along nicely. Beautiful pictures of finished work also encourage us to develop our techniques and expand our skills.

I guess to give a balanced review though, I would say that some points are repeated in quite a few of the books though. On reflection though,this is helpful to purchasers who may only buy one or two in the series.............I have bought quite a few over the years, so perhaps repetition is needed.

Perhaps Margie Bauer could bring out the A-Z bible, which covers everything under one cover - Smocking, ribbon embroidery, bullions, etc. What a fabulous tome that would be!

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully illustrated instructions which demystified the sewing and construction of ..., 23 Sep 2014
Clear, beautifully illustrated instructions which demystified the sewing and construction of smocked garments.

A-Z of Sewing for Smockers (A-Z Needlework 07)
A-Z of Sewing for Smockers (A-Z Needlework 07) by Susan O'Connor (Spiral-bound - 1 May 2004)
Used & New from: £16.14